Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

What’s been the problem with Southwest??

Probo100
Explorer C

Just about fly every week.  Southwest has been consistently good over the past 7 years until now.   Blame has been on weather and system issues... I call BS!  Going from consistently good to consistently horrible seems like a much bigger problem!

every flight is late or cancelled.   It’s utterly ridiculous.   
I am writing this sitting on a plane that’s already a hour snd a half late... will we ever leave? 
last week I took a video of the pilot loading luggage!  Why?  Because there weren’t any employees around to do it.  Finally, what looked to be supervisors rushed in to do the job.  Yes... you heard it right... the pilot was loading bags!    
so what’s the real issue Southwest? I think you owe it to all your very loyal customers.  
we’re being pushed to the brink and I am not sure how long we’re all willing to tolerate it.  
Sincerely,

A loyal Southwest customer hanging by a thread...

7 REPLIES 7

Re: What’s been the problem with Southwest??

gsking
Aviator C

Just a wild guess but... Covid perhaps? 

Kimberly58
Explorer C

Southwest Airlines flights resuming normal operation after nationwide groundstop over technical issues.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@Probo100 wrote:

Just about fly every week.  Southwest has been consistently good over the past 7 years until now.   Blame has been on weather and system issues... I call BS!

• Huh.? Get real. Do you really think Southwest cancels/ delays flights just for fun - just to alienate passengers. If you ’really l travel about every week you know better than that..
  •  
  • if you think it’s happening just at southwest, perhaps you should read up
  • https://jalopnik.com/spirit-airlines-and-american-airlines-cancel-over-1-300-1847413519
  •  
  •  
  • I am writing this sitting on a plane that’s already a hour snd a half late... will we ever leave? 
    last week I took a video of the pilot loading luggage!  Why?  Because there weren’t any employees around to do it.  Finally, what looked to be supervisors rushed in to do the job.  Yes... you heard it right... the pilot was loading bags!    
    so what’s the real issue Southwest? I think you owe it to all your very loyal customers.  
    we’re being pushed to the brink and I am not sure how long we’re all willing to tolerate it.  
    Sincerely,
  • A loyal Southwest customer hanging by a thread...

I guess that you are not that familiar with Southwest. For the entire 50 years the company has been in existence employees have been doing things outside of their normal job descriptions. This is not at all unusual.

Maybe the pilot was doing bags to allow the flight to depart sooner -- maybe to get back on schedule?

Probo100
Explorer C

I recommend looking at it from a larger perspective 

Passenger1C
Aviator C

I hope you thanked the pilot who stepped in and helped load bags. 

SWA Passenger, Community Champion

MNhappy
Explorer A

That's endearing that the pilot wasn't above the job of loading planes. 

There's a labor shortage all around. 

TravelGuru
Explorer A

You want customer service end this ‘covid’ hysteria.