Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

What tablet IS compatible with the Southwest Onboard Entertainment platform?

Coloradocatfish
Explorer C

All, just figured out that my brand new, built in Aug 2019 Amazon/Kindle Fire is NOT compatible with the SW app. Like, even if I wanted to check my flight status on it, I cannot, let alone watch current release movies on a flight.

Is it possible SW can inform which devices are most likely to be compatible with their app?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

Re: What tablet IS compatible with the Southwest Onboard Entertainment platform?

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

@Coloradocatfish wrote:

All, just figured out that my brand new, built in Aug 2019 Amazon/Kindle Fire is NOT compatible with the SW app. Like, even if I wanted to check my flight status on it, I cannot, let alone watch current release movies on a flight.

Is it possible SW can inform which devices are most likely to be compatible with their app?

Thanks!

Basically, any tablet that allows you to download the southwest app from either the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store should work.

https://www.southwest.com/html/customer-service/faqs.html?topic=inflight_internet_technical_assistan...

edit add:

You can always check in on any device that allows you to access southwest.com. I presume you have a cell phone. If you can put the app on your phone, then you can use your phone to do so.