Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

When will southwest start serving sodas again onboard

Will0329
Explorer B

Currently onbaord southwest airlines flights they are only serving a cup of water and snack mix due to covid. When will southwest start serving sodas onboard the flight again?? 

Alaska air even during the pandemic still serves cans of soda with a cup of ice.

12 REPLIES 12

Re: When will southwest start serving sodas again onboard

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Nothing has been announced yet, hopefully it won't be much longer.

--TheMiddleSeat

dfwskier
Aviator A

You can tell the airline you want it to happen by contacting customer relations

https://community.southwest.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Contact-Customer-Relations/ta-p/108355

Passenger1C
Aviator C

Agreed!  It’s time to resume expected service on flights. 

SWA Passenger, Community Champion

rhand63
Explorer C
Solution

Traveled this past Tues 3/16 and both flights (SRQ-HOU & HOU-DEN) served sodas and sparking water. FA said beer and cocktails might resume in May. 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Southwest is currently offering Coke, Diet Coke, and 7Up on flights 251 miles or longer.

--TheMiddleSeat

Btea
Explorer B

The flight attendants seem really mad that they have to actually serve anyone. They  seemed to have forgotten what their purpose is. They like to say "safety", but they make a joke of the safety announcements and don't attend to people's needs as they board. They really are the worst but since the flights are cheap, I will ignore their incompetence. 

jksobonya
Aviator A

@Btea wrote:

The flight attendants seem really mad that they have to actually serve anyone. They  seemed to have forgotten what their purpose is. They like to say "safety", but they make a joke of the safety announcements and don't attend to people's needs as they board. They really are the worst but since the flights are cheap, I will ignore their incompetence. 

I flew less than a week ago and I disagree completely. Southwest is known for having fun flight attendants though - I'm guessing you did not fly in the era of the "singing flight attendants" 😁

--Jessica

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@Btea wrote:

They don't just like to say safety, that is their #1 purpose.  You being able to get a drink is way down on the list of their duties when ranked by importance.  Yes, it's nice to have a drink, but being helped in an emergency is much nicer.  And what "needs" are you referring to when boarding?  Stuffing that oversized bag that should have been checked into the overhead?

--TheMiddleSeat

dfwskier
Aviator A

I'v had 4 flights since SW started serving soda again.

Never saw any of that.