Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Where is My Down Parka SWA Flight 767

LaurenCL
Explorer C

On my way back to College on Monday, I boarded my connector flight in Denver flight 767 to Minneapolis and stowed my bags, put my green hooded North Face expedition down parka with orange zippers under the seat, then put on my headphones and fell asleep before takeoff. Then— and this is what was later told to my by surrounding fellow passengers when I woke up en route to Minneapolis and discovered my parka was gone—I was told that one of the Southwest flight attendants from the previous leg of the flight came up to my row while I was asleep before takeoff and took my jacket and removed it from the airplane before we departed thinking that it had been left by a previous passenger— I guess there’s a sexist assumption that a 19 year old female college student would never own a huge thigh length hooded expedition 800 down fill weight North Face down parka, WTF?!  Do you know how frigging cold it tends to be in Minnesota in January ? 

Now I am suffering in freezing,  near zero temperatures here in Northfield at Carleton College and my jacket is somewhere in your baggage room in Denver. . . I have called 1-303-214-2332 and left 3 voice messages but for some reason your Southwest employees there in Denver can’t muster up the common courtesy to even bother to call me back. What is wrong with you people? — I was raised by my parents to behave with common decency, but perhaps my dad is right when he says that it should be referred to as “uncommon decency” since there doesn’t seem to be anything common about it. . .

Just so you know the arctic air here in Northfield is cold, **bleep** cold, and I’m freezing half to death. 

Lauren 

p.s Can you please at least shoot me a text message and just tell me straight up that one of your baggage personnel is now enjoying wearing a really warm green North Face expedition weight down parka with orange zippers. This is ridiculous and you should be embarrassed— why can’t I even get through to speak to a real live breathing sentient human being at your baggage office in Denver. 

Yours Truly, 

Freezing in Northfield 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Where is My Down Parka SWA Flight 767

chgoflyer
Aviator A

First, this is primarily a customer-to-customer forum, so you'll need to reach out directly to Southwest for a reply (use any of the methods shown below).

Next, did you file a missing item claim when you reached Minneapolis? That's your best bet (and frankly your only hope) of recovering your lost item.

Your experience certainly seems... unusual.

Someone was able to remove a very large jacket from under the seat in front of you without disturbing you, or waking you? Your legs weren't in the way?  

Prior to take off, you were completely unconscious, while boarding was still occuring?

And none of the passengers around you protested as this was happening, despite witnessing it?

Hmmm.

Lastly, I'd suggest that your anger is misplaced, and ultimately unproductive. I realize it's frustrating to lose something, but perhaps this could serve as a reminder to take better care of your belongings when traveling. And I'd recommend that a more civil tone might be advisable as you attempt to recover the item. Hope this helps!

SWDigits
Aviator A
I recommend editing your post to remove your phone number, you're posting to a public forum made up mostly of other customers.

To get in touch directly with Southwest click on the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the forum pages. It seems like Twitter usually gets the fastest direct response.

Customer | Home airport DCA

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@LaurenCL wrote:

On my way back to College on Monday, I boarded my connector flight in Denver flight 767 to Minneapolis and stowed my bags, put my green hooded North Face expedition down parka with orange zippers under the seat, then put on my headphones and fell asleep before takeoff. Then— and this is what was later told to my by surrounding fellow passengers when I woke up en route to Minneapolis and discovered my parka was gone—I was told that one of the Southwest flight attendants from the previous leg of the flight came up to my row while I was asleep before takeoff and took my jacket and removed it from the airplane before we departed thinking that it had been left by a previous passenger

This is pretty bizare scenario - somone on this plane's previous leg reports losing a green coat and the FA would come take it - without waking you to check? Was there a different green coat found leftover when you got to MSP? 

Too late now but this would be better if you had the seat neighbors' info to follow up exactly what happened. Were they sure it was the FA from the previous flight? They would have had to come back on to do this - not the FA on your flight?

Anwyay - the advice to file the online report is the best next step if it is indeed at Denver now waiting to be reclaimed, or sent to the lost item faciity. 

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Yes, this doesn't make a lot of sense to me. How could someone reach down and remove something as bulky as a large down jacket from underneath the seat in front of where someone is sitting, without needing that person to move their feet or without disturbing that person whatsoever? 

I'm reminded of a previous report where it turned out that the passenger had actually placed the missing item under their own seat. When another passenger needed that space for their carry-on, so that they could sit down in the seat directly behind, the item was removed by the FA. 

Hopefully the OP will return at some point and provide some additional details.