Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Who do I talk to for possible COVID exposure during the flight?

Cabre678
Explorer C

Who do I contact via e-mail for possible COVID exposure during the flight? 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Who do I talk to for possible COVID exposure during the flight?

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

You could use the contact us link at the bottom of this page and you will see an option to send a message and someone from southwest will respond as soon as possible. 

You can also reach out to southwest on Facebook or Twitter in a DM and they can assist you. 

-Blake

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

Since you can keep your identity private on here,  I'm sure that anyone on the flight you are making a reference to would like to know the, WHICH FLIGHT, and how and why you are presenting this.  I don't say it's your duty to inform us, but it's would be considerate to disclose this possible issue you have so others will know, the what, when, why, and most of all, HOW.  Help us out please.  It might help others in how to address or take precaution. 

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

I agree @SWFlyer007 and I would want to get tested myself in this case.

On the other hand, postings on the community wouldn't be verified and people could decide to post messages that weren't true. 

If there was demand for this type of posting maybe there could be a forum setup dedicated to that topic to keep things siloed for those posting or searching for info.

I would hope that contact tracing would eventually advance to the point where a positive passenger could result in the other passengers being notified automatically to get tested.

Or have the 3-hour tests available at airports. 

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

Totally agree.  Maybe I'm in the minority, but I would pay for a "instant" or "3 hour test" myself if I could get it.  

dfwskier
Aviator A

@Cabre678 wrote:

Who do I contact via e-mail for possible COVID exposure during the flight? 

Why do you think you were exposed.? Was another passenger coughing, sneezing or something else? There are lots of non Covid reasons for all of these. Thus, notifying everyone on a flight about "possible" exposure seems a bit rushed.

Notice of exposure normally happens when someone is verified to have the virus. Then contact tracing kicks in to verify  with whom the infected person might have had contact. People doing that tracing would notify the airline.