Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Why is an airline political?

INNEWTON
Explorer C

To be transparent I am aTrump supporter. I watched the video. I saw a bag of something in his hands that he was going to eat.  But more important I saw the guy next to the lady taking the video with his mask off.  I also saw at that time the male flight attendant look at his way and didn't say a word about his mask being off. He then put it on after that. Also a lady in video took off her mask to say he didn't do anything wrong. Why were they not kicked off flight also?  Questions I would like Southwest to answer. Until they come up with some honest answers they no longer have my business.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Why is an airline political?

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Do we really need another thread about this? If you want to give a comment to Southwest or get a response from Southwest this Community is not the place. 

Contact Customer Relations

--TheMiddleSeat

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

I think you have mistaken this website for Face Book.  In box me, I will give you the correct link. 

ffflyer
Frequent Flyer B

I think SWA just doesn’t do enough to manage their employees. 

There are no consequences for this type of behavior. Unless those consequences come from us by no longer flying SWA. 

Or maybe they’ll just take another three billion dollar grant via the CARES Act. 

dfwskier
Aviator A

@ffflyer wrote:

I think SWA just doesn’t do enough to manage their employees. 

There are no consequences for this type of behavior. Unless those consequences come from us by no longer flying SWA. 

Or maybe they’ll just take another three billion dollar grant via the CARES Act. 

There may be consequences, but you will never know about them.

Companies do not advertise the results of disciplinary actions -- if any.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

I keep seeing people mention the CARES act without, apparently, a full of understanding of what it actually is or how it actually works.

Yes, Southwest received about $3 billion in government assistance, but all of that money went towards paying employees salaries. It's essentially a form of unemployment assistance, but with the payments going to keep the employees of a vital service (air transportation) working, instead of paying them for not working (while they're on unemployment). Plus Southwest will have to pay back about one third of that $3 billion. It's no more of a "handout" than is unemployment programs.

Airlines receive government assistance in times of crisis because they are a vital part of the transportation infrastructure. If the government allowed these companies to go out of business, the US would face significant difficulties across many industries.