Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Why is there no alcohol

keasbey
Adventurer C

Lol its crazy I have a credit card with no limit, thirst like crazy, and no alcohol. If you as a company are looking for a way to pass off your customers who want to spend money. You're doing it. 

Why would an adult (thats not an alcoholic) want to even fly with a company that doesn't serve alcohol. "Sorry sir, sit there,  shut up, and eat some crackers. No you don't get to purchase alcohol with money you paid taxes on while in US Airspsce" 

Why? Idk. Safety. Covid. Any excuse your attendants want to tell me. Its a weak stance as a company. 

17 REPLIES 17

Re: Why is there no alcohol

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Sounds like you've had enough to drink today.

--TheMiddleSeat

keasbey
Adventurer C

🤣 I know we have a tenuous back and forth here , and that's cool. 

I like your sass though. 

Sadly, being drunk would put me to sleep. And end this for both of us.

"Would you like crackers" no, a screwdriver would be nice. But for some reason your company just decided you don't want money for that.

Still ISO answers on alcohol policy.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

keasbey
Adventurer C

Bans on in-flight alcohol service may not stem altercations with belligerent passengers, however.

The FAA has published details of multiple altercations involving passengers who bring their own stash of alcohol on-board, and proceed to drink despite requests not to."

So I can't drink , despite it being fully legal,, but the attendants still have the same approximate level of risk. Whats different? Southwest has chosen to absolve themselves of liability for their attendants losing teeth. They haven't endeavored to make it safer for any FA. Just themselves in court. Lawyers said no more alcohol. You'll have to pay on this one.

TravelGuru
Explorer A

The masks make me people feel caged. The masks prevent your from seeing people’s expressions which diffuses aggression. End the masks. They don’t work anyway.

dfwskier
Aviator A

Maybe you can fly American, Delta, United, Spirit or Frontier to get your alcohol fix.

Ooops,  they're not serving alcohol either.

jordyd29
Explorer C

Maybe do your research before commenting. United and Delta are serving alcohol. Southwest just wants to lose credit card customers because what is the purpose of paying for a credit card with an annual fee that offers a 20% off in-flight purchases (which they clearly notate a drink symbol next to) if you can't make any in-flight purchases?

https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly/travel/inflight/dining/beverages.html

Delta will cease to serve alcohol on domestic flights or flights to the Americas, but will serve beer, wine and hard liquor on international flights. - https://www.forbes.com/sites/alexandrasternlicht/2020/06/16/these-airlines-have-stopped-in-flight-al...

Snag_24091ead.png

jksobonya
Aviator A

@keasbey wrote:

I have a credit card with no limit

Well pin a rose on your nose. 🌹

... you have a credit card with "no limit" and you are flying Southwest Airlines? 😂

Why don't you go get some first class seats somewhere. But for what it's worth, I don't think *any* airline is serving alcohol at this time, sooo you're SOL anyway.

According to the below, alcohol will be suspended on Southwest and American until at least September 13, which is when the mask mandate is supposed to be relaxed. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/29/business/american-southwest-passengers-alcohol.html 

--Jessica

Boowho3
Explorer C

Well if you fly first class you get drinks (Other
airlines)