Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Wi-Fi

ok529
Explorer A

Does anyone have any idea when the Wi-Fi will actually work better that 50% of the time?

11 REPLIES 11

Re: Wi-Fi

SWDigits
Aviator A
Solution
See this post from the Southwest team:
https://www.southwestaircommunity.com/t5/In-the-Air/WiFi-Tips/m-p/93132/highlight/true#M1597

Customer | Home airport DCA

ok529
Explorer A

So in other words a no answer like the one I received when I complained. If they are working to fix the problem why is reliablity going down? WiFi was better two years ago than it is now. 

Southwest is working closely with our Inflight WiFi providers on our connectivity. We operate a fleet of nearly 750 aircraft, flying to over 100 destinations across the United States, Caribbean, and Central America. It takes a robust system to supply a fleet of this size with WiFi capabilities, and we are working diligently to allocate the appropriate resources necessary to provide a product that our Customers expect. While I’m not able to promise you perfection going forward, rest assured that we are always looking for ways to improve.

ok529
Explorer A

This is not a solution is a BS generic answer!

dfwskier
Aviator A

Well, since this is a customer to customer forum, you will NOT get a formal anwser here.

I'd suggest that you e-mail the company. To do so, click on "contact us" at the bottom of this page, and then select e-mail from the contact chouces listed on the top left of the ensuing page.

Good luck!

SWDigits
Aviator A
We are other customers like you and sharing the information we have. Safe travels.

Customer | Home airport DCA

ok529
Explorer A

That is the issue we can't seem to get a straight answer out of SWA, which I interpet to mean they have no clue, and frankly don't care.

DfDrPepper_23
Frequent Flyer C

@ok529  Believe me, I have wasted my money a few times when the wifi didn't work. 

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee

We're sorry to hear that! Please don't hesitate to reach out to our Customer Relations Team in the future if you have issues with your WiFi. Submitting a Suggestion and/or Complaint

Nicole
Community Manager

dfwskier
Aviator A

@DfDrPepper_23 wrote:

@ok529  Believe me, I have wasted my money a few times when the wifi didn't work. 

You do know that when that happens that you can request a refund from customer relations - don't you???