Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

[WiFi] [Hawaii] How is the WiFi on flights between Hawaii and California?

siryu00
Explorer C

I wanted to check-in and see if anyone who has flown recently has any recent experience / information that they can share.

The price for WiFi on the flight seems awesome, I'm just wondering how the WiFi performs and how long you actually have WiFi on the flight (especially with flying over the Pacific ocean). I'm hoping to work a bit on the flight and want to let folks know if I'll be somewhat reachable over Slack.

Thanks in advance for the help!

4 REPLIES 4

Re: [WiFi] [Hawaii] How is the WiFi on flights between Hawaii and California?

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

I don't think Southwest's wifi is ever super reliable so even if you were flying from LAX to Vegas I wouldn't suggest counting on it to allow you to be reachable. 

--TheMiddleSeat

N82EZ
Adventurer B

In the last 2 months I've flown to Hawaii from KOAK and KLAX and the internet has been very reliable. Now; my recent flight from KLAS to KAUS, not so. All in all it works, ymmv.

gsking
Aviator C

I wouldn't expect much over the Pacific.  You might get an occasional email.  I think that was the best I ever got.

FlyWithLUV
Frequent Flyer C

If you're just using Slack, the connection *should* be adequate given that there are no major disruptions in service.

Connection is intermittent but this should not have a significant impact when using applications like Slack.

If you're ever dissatisfied with your inflight wifi purchase, let Customer Service know and they would be happy to make it right!

I think that it's worth a shot - try out the wifi and see how you like it!

Safe travels!