Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

WiFi purchase

JH2211
Explorer C

I purchased WiFi, so I can use the text messaging service, to contact my business associates.

It was a waste of money.

Certain text messages won’t go out. 

I got tired of trying.

So I tried to conduct business using the Internet.

Another waste of time.

I kept receiving a message that the browser wasn’t working.

I would like to request a refund.

JH2211@ME.COM

(312)437-1006

6 REPLIES 6

Re: WiFi purchase

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

You'll have to call customer service @JH2211, no one on the message board will be able to issue a refund.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

ahlstrka
Explorer C

Has anyone else on the forum had similar experiences?  In the past few months, I've found the WiFi to be mostly unusable for work purposes.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

I wouldn't buy the wifi if you are depending on using a VPN connection.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

I've given up on the wifi ever being usable. There are some new wifi products allegedly being implemented in the coming months, but it's unclear if you'll be able to tell if your plane has the "new" system or the old one. It would be worth trying the new one if you know for sure. I guess we'll see...

PerryCREMACS
Explorer C

I cannot establish a usable VPN session either, no bueno!

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee

Our WiFi service was designed to allow our Customers to stay connected while in the air.  The level of connectivity we offer is ideal for surfing the internet, visiting social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter, and sending emails.  The Southwest WiFi Hotspot limits access to certain high-bandwidth content and activities, such as telephony applications (VoIP); VPN; device/system/software updates; and certain video streaming subscription services, applications, and web sites. Nevertheless, we regret your frustration, @PerryCREMACS.

Nicole
Community Manager