Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Wifi Outage

Baltodave
Explorer C

Does anyone know if there's a way to find out if the Wifi will be out-of-service on an upcoming flight?

This happened to me on a BWI-LAS flight and it happened to a friend on a BWI-LAX flight.

Thanks!  (I only would like to know so I have plenty of time to download content from Netflix ahead of time)

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Wifi Outage

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

There's no way to know ahead of time. Since you can't stream Netflix onboard anyway you should just go ahead and download stuff so you are prepared for anything.

--TheMiddleSeat

Thomasjoi98
Explorer C

I can vouch for the disruption in both mobile data and WiFi services. I live under the flight path of landing aircrafts. And everytime a craft passes by the WiFi and 4G interference presents on my android phone. I guess the flight creates ripples that interferes and causes the disruption. It appears to be an observation of several living in such location without a definite explanation from experts. So I guess we just grin and bear with the interruption… Oops!… Planes passing overhead… in… quick succession…

jksobonya
Aviator A

@Thomasjoi98 wrote:

I can vouch for the disruption in both mobile data and WiFi services. I live under the flight path of landing aircrafts. And everytime a craft passes by the WiFi and 4G interference presents on my android phone. I guess the flight creates ripples that interferes and causes the disruption. It appears to be an observation of several living in such location without a definite explanation from experts. So I guess we just grin and bear with the interruption… Oops!… Planes passing overhead… in… quick succession…

I ... what? 😂

I'm really not sure if this person is trying to make a joke or not. Are you saying that you are losing internet in *your home* when a Southwest plane flies above your house? I'm quite certain that your internet provider is in no way related to Southwest's internet provider, so a plane's lack of internet is not the same as your own lack of internet. 

--Jessica

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@jksobonya clearly spam and from a user that has previously had posts removed for being spam

--TheMiddleSeat