Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Wifi Payment Idea

Flier
Explorer C

Hi - I was A List Preferred when I really started using in-flight wifi, so it wasn't until I was actually back at just A List that I had to pay for my wifi.  One thing that really is a pain is having to whip out my amex in-flight to type in the card numbers.  Unfortunately, because of the way that Southwest codes the input boxes on the payment screen, I can't use things like Google's autofill, my Lastpass vault, or any other credit card storage app to auto-populate it.  So the card has to come out, and personally I hate doing that - smartphones are everyone on filghts now and one quick pic of my card and I'm compromised.  Would it be possible to either A) change the coding of the page so that it can auto-populate my card number, or B) let Southwest store my credit card number in my profile so that I only have to sign in with RapidRewards userid and password to charge wifi to my stored card?  I'd prefer B, and that's how other airlines seem to handle it (United in particular, who I use for my international flights).

Anyway, just a thought 🙂

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Wifi Payment Idea

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hey @Flier,

Thanks for the suggestion! We'll share that feedback with the right folks, and maybe it will be an improvement we can make in one of our next updates! Keep the good ideas coming. 

neuski1
Explorer C

Please fix this....I fly you every week and it is a huge pain to enter in my credit card info every single time....not to mention address, email, etc.   It's also necessary because anyone sitting next to me can see my card.  Please add this option to pull the credit card from my profile asap!

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

Ability to buy a "ten pack" of wifi codes would work great too, either similar to drink coupons or even better to have it stored in the RR account login.

I'd consider an annual subscription as well, although right now if it is for work then I need to reimburse each time separately.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

I like the idea of selling WiFi codes in packs - will definitely be happy to pass that along, @DancingDavidE. Love seeing the innovation on this thread. 

steverham
Explorer C

And I'll add a competitive reason too.... GoGo inflight very nicely does what the OP is asking. Saved login info. Why oh why wouldn't SW inflight do this? I'd think you'd WANT to know who purchases wifi, for how long, etc.  Your marketing team would love to know what A listers and approaching flyers are doing.  It's also not the safest situation to be pulling out your card in a public setting.