Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Wifi access said "internal error"

LJCL61
Explorer C

Overall I am a Southwest fan. Typically I have been able to access the wifi through the $8 fee. I am not a business preferred traveler. However I do use the wifi to conduct business and connect to email  on the 4.5 hour flight between Cleveland and Phoenix. Yesterday I had trouble purchasing the wifi.  Regardless of the credit card the purchase did not cycle through and connect and I received the message "internal error".  This was a big disappointment because I was at a funeral and had intentionally saved my work to do on the flight. I am not tech savvy enough to know if this is a problem with my Android tablet or a problem with the Southwest WiFi?  I have not had problem accessing the wifi in the past.

15 REPLIES 15

Re: Wifi access said "internal error"

jomtyler
Explorer C

I had this problem also.  What is the problme and how is it fixed?  Thanks

ecislaghi
Explorer C

I consistently receive this error after I put in my credit card information.  I travel for work and this is quite frustrating as I do not have the issue on other airlines.  I would hope that someone from SWA is reading this and can help with a solution.

Jeannieb88
Explorer C

Same issue a real problem as my entire day is in flight!!! Rrrr tried it 4 times.  Internal Error won't connect.

drunix
Explorer C

Lately, I've been having the same issue as the OP...

I've accessed Southwest WiFi several times this year on my iPad and on my MacBook Pro, but on my last couple of flights I've been getting this dreaded "Internal error." error message.  I've tried contecting customer support, but the response I got was generic and completely useless.  I've been flying Southwest almost every week for work, and I really count on being able to use in-flight WiFi to be productive while I travel.

Is there any way to get past the first level customer support and work with someone that has a prayer of resoving the issue?

UpInTheAir65
Explorer C

Same issue now on all my devices, this is getting very frustraiting. So how do we get SWA to reply to this thread???

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

@LJCL61@UpInTheAir65@drunix@Jeannieb88@ecislaghi

Hi, all!

We have a Team in technology that is trying to solve for this issue. They've been trying to replicate the situation, but haven't been able to do it enough times to discover a root cause. The Team has asked if each of you would mind providing the following details about your experiences (Please send to me in a private message):

Flight Origin/Destination

Flight Date

Flight Number

Approximate time of day you experienced difficulty with WiFi

MAC address for device you were using (this can be found in the General Information section of Settings)

If you'll send this information over to me, I will relay it to the Technology Team and hopefully they'll able to get to the bottom of the issue. Let me know if you have any questions!

lesann23
Explorer C

Hi - this has happened to me on every one of my flights on SWA.  I travel a lot and it really is a nuisance to not be able to work on my often 4 hour flights.  In fact, I am flying tomorrow from DAL to NYC and if this happens again, I will not be able to continue flying SWA.  I love this airline, but if I'm flying for business I must be able to work along the way.   

megankasper
Explorer C

If you go “incognito mode” on your computer it should work.  The computer is caching the previous error which is casuing it to revert back to an old state.  I just did this on my Mac and a seat neighbor on the plane did the same thing on her Mac and iPhone and it worked.

VinHay
Explorer C

I tried this suggestion and could not get it to work for me. Using multiple browsers on Iphone, Ipad, MacPowerbook.