Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Wifi does not work

kviuhney15
Explorer C

Hello, i just bought the wifi on southwest and notice none of the services i want to use work. The only thing that seems to work is my texting although texting is already free. I don’t know what the problem is as the people next to me are watching movies on streaming services that are not the free movies so I’m not sure why my wifi is not fully working. The outline says it would work for being on the internet yet its lacking a huge internet connection. I would really appreciate my refund because i did not pay to just be able to text. 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Wifi does not work

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

Sorry to break the news, but folks are not streaming movies over the inflight wifi. I may be watching Netflix and other streaming services, but it's only shows that I have downloaded from the services before the flight, not streaming. Inflight wifi is going to get you basic web browsing and email, not streaming. 

You can let Southwest know that you misunderstood the capabilities and request a refund by sending them a message. Use the contact us link at the bottom of this page and send a message. You'll have to see how they choose to handle the request. 

--TheMiddleSeat

dfwskier
Aviator A

@Davidwilkins wrote:

Try this once. Do unplug the router and modem's power cords from the power outlet for 15 seconds. Plug the power cords back in. Check that all cords and cables are secure at both ends. Wait a few minutes, until the lights on the modem and router are working right. 

You can do that on a plane???????????

floridaguy
Aviator C

I run an extra long ethernet cable between points A and B.  Seems to work well.