Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Wifi incredibly slow

drober01
Explorer C
It is incredibly frustrating to pay for wifi/internet connection that is incredibly slow. I was excited about having 3 hours on my flight to get work done, but it is impossible due to the almost lack of internet speed. I find that the older planes have better WiFi, but the new 800's and MAX8's internet needs to be fixed. Southwest should offer their Wifi/internet service for free because it is almost fraudulent to charge for a service that does not work or just don't offer it at all. I fly a lot and will use other carriers since others actually work.
1 REPLY 1

Re: Wifi incredibly slow

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@drober01 wrote:
It is incredibly frustrating to pay for wifi/internet connection that is incredibly slow. I was excited about having 3 hours on my flight to get work done, but it is impossible due to the almost lack of internet speed. I find that the older planes have better WiFi, but the new 800's and MAX8's internet needs to be fixed. Southwest should offer their Wifi/internet service for free because it is almost fraudulent to charge for a service that does not work or just don't offer it at all. I fly a lot and will use other carriers since others actually work.

They do offer the TV for free - were you browsing in general, or trying to use a VPN? Feedback on this community is "do not buy" if your work requires a VPN.

For email and general web browsing it may be slow, but usable. I personally download key files to thumbdrive as I know the connection won't be strong enough to get on my VPN network.

I'm curious if anyone has figured out where to sit for the best reception, i.e. if the antenna is in the front is the service stronger there, or are there access points throughout the cabin?

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.