Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Wifi not working

arminsafarians
Explorer C

I normally value my time too much to do this, but I am really frustrated with Southwest Wifi. I enjoy everything about southwest other than the last few flights I have been on, they apologize and say sorry the wifi is not working. 

when I select a mid-day flight it is because there is Wifi and I can work while traveling.

I am not sure why the reason for recent consistent outage but it really in unprofessional to have this happen so regularly. 

Honestly it is enough to make me want to switch airlines. 

fix it please. 

12 REPLIES 12

Re: Wifi not working

jksobonya
Aviator A

Strange, I've never been on a flight where wi-fi was completely out of service - then again, I rarely pay for it and typically only use the Southwest site / app for the free movies, music, etc. You do need to be connected to wi-fi to use it, and it's always worked for me. Just worked on my flight last week. You can always contact Southwest directly and voice this concern, but in my opinion, wi-fi is pretty much at the bottom of the list of things I care about when choosing an airline. 

--Jessica

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

To both of you!  I understand the issue with WIFI is important to some people.  But as I write this comment I'm having issues with my on the ground home WIFI, it just happens.  I know nothing about the WIFI world, I find it amazing that it can even happen, let alone on an airplane.  I don't often buy the wifi either, but have in the past and mostly do it if I'm on flight that are two hours or more and I have another connecting flight with a two hour flight.  I have been on a flight where it was, "completely out of service."  Just like the old days before this electronic world, I found a way to occupy my time without it. 

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

I always pretend it won't be available and bring a USB drive with any key files as I never plan for VPN to work. 

I do like to check email and other similar browsing activity when it is available. 

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Sms531
Explorer A

Jessica- I’m sure there are many things you care about that I do not.  It does not help to say wifi is not a priority for YOU, implying that it shouldn’t be for others as well.  

92saints
Explorer C

Did it ever occur to you during this observation you are experiencing the miracle of flight? Seems more appropriate to discuss how amazing this entire experience is!

Sms531
Explorer A

If you pay $8 for internet access like I did, and it doesn’t work, it’s annoying.   Yes, flying in the air is amazing, etc etc.  I don’t understand all the cheerleading going on.  Paying for a product and not receiving it is wrong.  If you purchased a hamburger, and received an empty bag with napkins, would that be cool?  Internet access on SWA has apparently been a big problem for years.  I’m waiting for my refund, but that doesn’t take away the aggravation of a long flight where I was unable to do basic web surfing.  I did not have earbuds to watch a movie hence why I purchased internet.  SWA should not charge $8 for a product that does not work.  

dfwskier
Aviator A

@Sms531 wrote:

What do you hope to accomplish by posting essentially the same complaint MULTIPLE TIMES. You are spamming the community.

As I've said three times already, I think, if you are unhappy, ask for a refund.

Sms531
Explorer A

I can say the same to you.  You apparently cheerlead MULTIPLE TIMES through any complaint. Yes, I’ve requested a refund.  Sorry to bother you with a valid issue, my apologies.  No problem with the internet at all, nothing to see here folks.  

dfwskier
Aviator A

I haven't cheerleaded anything. I simply said what any unhappy passenger should do - ask for a refund -- as you did.

Since this is a customer forum, you won't resolve your complaint here. Perhaps you should be

talking with SW customer relations.

https://community.southwest.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Contact-Customer-Relations/ta-p/108355