Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Wifi not working

Sms531
Explorer A

I’m not trying to resolve my complaint on this customer forum.  I get that.  I just didn’t understand that I can’t complain on the customer forum.  

Lenfishman
Explorer B

I too rely upon Wi-Fi on flights during working hours. Most of the time it works great... but, there is no guarantee. I don't know the underlying technology that allows me to use Wi-Fi at 38,000 feet... but, I've got to assume it's rather complex - so, I tend to be more forgiving to airlines than I am for my home internet provider. 

I was an American Airlines weekly flier and their system would cut out 1 hour offshore. I am much happier with SWA's Wi-Fi performance.  

aMomTo6
Adventurer B

It's been a long day for me so maybe I shouldn't be posting something at the end of the day, but in reading the replies to this post I can't help but chime in. Southwest is sort of known for bad wifi. Be a naysayer all you want, but, ultimately, they really are kind of known for poor wifi.  So much so that I have read frequent posts in various places throughout social media that SWA travelers who are are A list don't  feel the need to strive for the perk of A list preferred in order to get free wifi. Google "Is Southwest wifi worth it?" You will find lots of fun comments 🙂

I have the SWA business credit card that compensates for wifi so I use it faithfully every trip I take, but frequently, like today, it was very spotty. I didn't have a lot to be accomplished, thankfully.  But, yes, wifi is an issue on SWA. Will it stop me from flying SWA? NO. Never. I love SWA. I just know that when I board wifi really is a toss up.