Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Yelled at for a broken sink

Jellybeans101
Explorer C

This happened a long time ago, around 4 years ago. I’ve been a little traumatized from it and would like perspective. I had been on this six hour flight going from the east coast to west with my husband and 2 year old. It was nerve-wrecking on our part as we wanted to ensure she was as calm and happy so as not to disturb others. We brought snacks, mini toys, and an iPad. 
I held my breath, hoping nothing would go wrong, but then my daughter started to get fussy anyhow. At that time turbulence was rough and the plane was loud enough where we couldn’t hear anything around us. We thought it would be ok to turn the iPad up, not knowing it wasn’t okay. The flight attendant came over, looked past my husband, straight at me and irritably tells me to turn it off. I jump, comply and feel so embarrassed.

As if this wasn’t enough, when I went to the washing room the sink broke, refusing to turn off. Unfortunately the closest available flight attendant was the same irritable one from before. There’s a passenger in line who calmly points me to her direction. When I told this attendant what was going on, her face scrunches up in anger and she shouts “GET OUT OF THE WAY!” 

In my defense, I did not set out to make life hard for her although I’m almost certain this is how she perceived it. And yes I felt mistreated as a customer, as a person. I didn’t go and break it on purpose. However, I didn’t report her although I should’ve because I was afraid of getting kicked off the plane if I did. Im nervous this might happen again. I hadn’t flown much and this was one of a handful of times. How could I have handled this in the best possible way?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Yelled at for a broken sink

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

As this is a customer to customer forum you would be better of directing your message directly to Southwest.

Contact Customer Relations 

--TheMiddleSeat

Jellybeans101
Explorer C
Solution

Yes but this happened 4 years ago. Would the airline still even take it seriously after so much time has passed?

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Offering this advice with kindness and sincerity, if you are still traumatized about this event that happened 4 years ago I would suggest professional help, not advice from an online message board.

--TheMiddleSeat