Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Your failure to act on the Boeing 737 8 MAX

NanaSusan4
Explorer C

Completely agree. I just wrote to customer service. Thanks for your post. They need to do something. They will definitely lose customers.

SWDigits
Aviator A
I think these articles provide good context:

An MCAS primer: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2019/03/11/boeing-737-max-safety-system-differs/3129480002/

This article discusses pilot experience and training though for me the nugget of information is the reference to the procedure pilots should use for any pitch-trim issue: https://www.forbes.com/sites/jeremybogaisky/2019/03/11/the-boeing-737-max-crashes-is-there-a-problem...

This article provides context about decisions being made to fly vs ground: https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/03/11/africa/max-8-operations-roundup-intl/index.html

Hope this helps.

Customer | Home airport DCA

rrbarry
Explorer C

Hear, hear!

ntruskey
Explorer C

Airline CEO of Ethiopian Airlines just stated that flight 302 has flight control problems.  Time for Southwest to pull all 34 of their 737 Max 8's from flying.  This is a very concerning to me and I am sure for all passengers that fly and support Southwest Airlines.  I would like to hear from the CEO of Southwest Airlines as soon as possible to ease all our concerns.  16 years plus business flyer with Southwest. 

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

PE7
Explorer B

It's ALL about profits.

The FAA is complicit in that all they protect is not American lives but US airlines bottom line.

I have been a SW A-list cutomer for decades but this might make that change.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@PE7 wrote:

It's ALL about profits.

The FAA is complicit in that all they protect is not American lives but US airlines bottom line.

I have been a SW A-list cutomer for decades but this might make that change.

The FAA is complicit in not panicking when there is no reason to panic. So far, the FAA sees no reason to panic.

wader1352
Explorer C

As a former student at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, active Private Pilot, aviation enthusiast and multi-year Companion Pass level frequent flyer on Southwest - I will not personally, or especially with my family, board a 737 MAX generation aircraft until the MCAS issue and associated flight crew training has been addressed.

The chances of an issue on any given flight are low, but the severity (150+ souls lost), are so great that I can’t accept the current stoic ‘we’ll keep flying until the data set tells us otherwise’ mentality. Would you bet your family’s life on a small, but real, chance that you would all perish?

This needs to be addressed in an aggressive, proactive fashion.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@wader1352 wrote:

As a former student at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, active Private Pilot, aviation enthusiast and multi-year Companion Pass level frequent flyer on Southwest - I will not personally, or especially with my family, board a 737 MAX generation aircraft until the MCAS issue and associated flight crew training has been addressed.

The chances of an issue on any given flight are low, but the severity (150+ souls lost), are so great that I can’t accept the current stoic ‘we’ll keep flying until the data set tells us otherwise’ mentality. Would you bet your family’s life on a small, but real, chance that you would all perish?

This needs to be addressed in an aggressive, proactive fashion.

You do realize that duplicate identical posts are a violation of the T&Cs right?

Refer to my response to your other identical post.

https://www.southwestaircommunity.com/t5/In-the-Air/MAX-8-MCAS-Malfunction/td-p/87715/page/2