Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

iPad left on flight 1608 to BWI

egharsh27
Explorer C

Hi! I had already filed a case report but posting here as well for some hope that someone sees it. 

We were on flight 1608 to BWI. I’ve checked our seat to make sure we didn’t leave anything but soon as we left the plane, I realized my iPad must’ve slipped out of the bag as it’s no longer in my carry on. It has the black magnetic keyboard attached.  

If you find it, if you can contact me please. Thank you and I appreciate you’re time reading my post.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: iPad left on flight 1608 to BWI

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

You've done the best thing you can do, that's filing a lost item report.  Now you'll just need to be patient, these things can take time.  Good luck 

--TheMiddleSeat

dfwskier
Aviator A

Adding to what themiddleseat said, make sure your serial number is included in your lost item report. That dramatically increases your chances of getting your item back.

The process can take up to 60 days.

egharsh27
Explorer C

Update: today I received the FedEx delivery of my iPad. I honestly didn’t think I’d get it back so imagine my shock when I saw an email letting me know they’ve found it. 

PSA: note the serial number of all your devices, take advantage of the free engraving when buying Apple products from their store and lastly, invest in quality label makers. Having the serial number included in the claim most definitely helped in speeding up the matching process. Thank you to those who took time to reply and leave positive vibes on my post.