Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

length of flight

chancewillow
Explorer B

I am booked on a flight in April which goes from Manchester NH to Atlanta. It stops over in Baltimore. The first leg of the trip from Manchester to Baltimore is shown as leaving MHT at 10:45 am and arriving in Baltimore at 2:00. Can anyone help me understand why it takes that long? I am sure there is something I don't know. Thank you very much.

14 REPLIES 14

Re: length of flight

YeahNoMaybe
Adventurer A

What day are you traveling?   I have looked at multiple days in April and do not see at 10:45am departure anywhere.

chancewillow
Explorer B

I am sorry, I meant 10:25 not 10:45

YeahNoMaybe
Adventurer A

Are you sure you picked the flight that ONLY stops in Baltimore?

There is an option for a 10:25am flight from Manchester to Baltimore that arrives Baltimore at 11:55am and connects to a 2:55pm flight from Baltimore that arrives in Atlanta at 4:45pm.

HOWEVER....

There is also an option for that SAME 10:25am flight.... BUT you stay on the airplane in Baltimore and take that plane on to Columbus, Ohio and arrive in COLUMBUS at 2:00pm....  then in Columbus connect to a 2:55 flight from Columbus to Atlanta arriving at 4:25pm.

Are you sure you aren't booked on the second option?

chancewillow
Explorer B

Oh dear, I cannot see anything about Columbus on the confirmation they sent me. It is flight 0782 from MHT to BWI and then on to Atlanta on flight 2580. 

YeahNoMaybe
Adventurer A

I am stumped....  When I go to Southwest's website and look up your flights....

It shows flights 782 and 2580 are the one connection flight through Baltimore....

But it shows flight 782 arrives in Baltimore at 11:55am.  

I can't explain why your itinerary shows a 2:00pm arrival in Baltimore.

I wish I could help but I don't know.

chancewillow
Explorer B

Thanks so much for trying. I have looked it up a couple of different ways. When I go to the website and look it up, it looks one way. The email they sent me looks like the longer flight difference. I'm thinking that the email may be wrong. It won't copy and paste into this chat, so I cannot show you exactly what I see. It is a puzzle. Their wait time for a real person in customer service is currently 90 minutes. I wouldn't be so concerned but I am flying with a 95-year-old Mom who needs the most direct flight possible. I do very much thank you for your effort to help me sort this out.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

You have flight numbers, that's what really matters. There's no need to join the massive crowd calling now for something that really isn't a question.

--TheMiddleSeat

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

I have no idea where you see anything about 2pm. WN782 from MHT to BWI arrives in BWI at 1155am. WN2580 departs BWI at 255pm and arrives ATL at 445pm.

--TheMiddleSeat

chancewillow
Explorer B

You are correct. However, in the email that Southwest sent confirming the flights, it appears as Stop: Change Planes followed by Stops: Baltimore, Baltimore no plane change. The confirmation email conflicts with the website. I think.