Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

"an airline of demands and consequences"

Karinler
Explorer C

| Flight was delayed 2 hours due to systems failure. Understandable. We asked before boarding the first leg of our flight if the plane was going to continue on to Denver and we were assured it would. We booked the flight because we didn’t need to change planes, Got to Long Beach where we waited for the passengers to board when an announcement was made that the plane is being terminated/which meant they were using it to take passengers somewhere else due to all the canceled flights from the technological issues of the day. Flight crew told us to get off the plane. While waiting in line to find out what was going on, I noticed the flight crew lining up to get on another plane right next to our plane and I asked them if they were going to Denver and they all confirmed they were. Southwest decided to board a plane right next to our plane ( that was supposed to continue to Denver) with a full group of people and did not allow us to board. In other words, they backhandedly gave our seats away, boarded the crew but not us as we waited on line and took off without us. Of course when we finally got to an agent, she was showing us on the flight that we should have been on and had a challenge rerouting us for a flight and another 3 hour wait. Attached is my ticket which appears we left at 4:22 like we were supposed to. I also included the new ticket which of course was delayed. Our seats were given away right before our eyes without so much as an explanation or request from Southwest. This was my favorite airline but with this and the condescending way they threaten you to wear a face mask or face civil consequences has taken this airline from the fun comical way they used to conduct business, which is needed at this time in the world, to an airline of demands and consequences. This is worthy of compensation. We did not give up our seats, they were taken from us.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: "an airline of demands and consequences"

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

This is a customer to customer forum.  To submit your comment directly to Southwest you can Contact Customer Relations 

You mentioned you attached pictures which are not appearing in your message so without details such as flight #s there's no further digging anyone here as customers can really do.  I highly doubt the situation is as clear as you think it is.  Airlines don't just give away seats, it would appear there was another flight to the same destination, but again, without any other info this is all just speculation.  

--TheMiddleSeat

Karinler
Explorer C

Everything is completely verified on airline equality.com. under the same title as above. I am contacting all social media and Southwest leadership possible and although you would

like to think it’s not as it would seem, it is. Sorry for the hard truth. 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

It's simply that you have not provided enough information to look into what happened. Do whatever you want regarding sharing on social media, people will certainly agree with you while others, like me, will realize there's more to the story. I guess you don't want share the missing info? And review sites for airlines are hilarious since only angry people post while the millions of satisfied travelers just go about their lives quietly.

--TheMiddleSeat