Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

social distancing not being enforced

mailbin
Explorer C

Message for Southwest:

It would be great if the flight attendants announced that after parking at the gate that people not rush and crowd into the aisle so as to break social distancing.

The flight attendants should wear masks also.

Take some lessons from Delta

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

Re: social distancing not being enforced

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Definitely good ideas. You would hope that people would be smart enough to do this on their own without having to be a told. 

--TheMiddleSeat

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

I agree that those are good ideas I would submit your feedback to Southwest directly though one of these contact methods: Submitting a Suggestion and/or Complaint this way they can pass your suggestion on to the appropriate teams. Twitter or Facebook will probably be the easiest since call volumes are high and emails are probably backed up as well. 

-Blake

kneumeyer
Explorer C

I was on Flight 3897 from Ft. Myers to Pittsburgh and the airplane was full, all 143 seats.   It was quite upsetting and very disappointing as I "assumed" Southwest was following some type of social distancing practices but clearly there was no attempt at all here.

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

@kneumeyer SW has announced that they will be limiting the number of travelers on flights.  I am not 100% sure with this will take effect, but hopefully it will help with your concern!

Read more: Southwest Promise

-A List, Companion Pass holder

dfwskier
Aviator A

@kneumeyer wrote:

I was on Flight 3897 from Ft. Myers to Pittsburgh and the airplane was full,  

Sorry to hear that. It should be different starting tomorrow. Here's what SW announced earlier today.

"Limiting the Number of Passengers Onboard: Beginning May 2, to allow Customers to spread out in comfortable distances, the total number of passengers seated in the cabin will be reduced temporarily. Customers may still pick their own seat, and Southwest will not be blocking seats or directing seating. In our open seating environment, families or those traveling together may sit together."

https://www.swamedia.com/releases/release-48461735d2a28f8684dda2686d0e2a98-southwest-promise

kneumeyer
Explorer C

Yes, thank you, I read it all.