Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

southwest horror

Southwestsucka
Explorer C

I checked into my flight and from the beginning the people of southwest airline were very rude from the start. I figured maybe these two people were having a bad day. Then I got on my flight and the horror of these people didn’t stop. After they were questioning me over and over about my Covid mask was on when clearly my face was covered. Then one of the flight attendants thought they were funny making jokes on the announcement about people smoking marijuana when we get to Denver it was neither funny or appropriate for a flight of families and children. I’ve flown southwest many times and the pure disrespect for people they have shown is unacceptable. 

6 REPLIES 6

Re: southwest horror

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

Sorry to hear of your bad experience.

You could always file a complaint directly with the airline ( you are not doing that here as this is a customer to customer forum). Include flight number, date, departure and arrival cities, and the names of the offending employees if you have them.

https://community.southwest.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Submitting-a-Suggestion-and-or-Complaint/ta-p/8724...

bec102896
Aviator A

I'm sorry you were disappointed in the customer service during your recent trip. Being that this is primarily a customer to customer forum I would reach out to Southwest directly though one of these contact methods: Submitting a Suggestion and/or Complaint that war southwest can respond to you directly. 

-Blake 

Gretchen007
Explorer C

Sounds like 1st world problems to me.

Honestly, I think people are just looking for stuff to gripe about these days. Fly 1st class next time on Delta or United. Its Southwest, its a great budget airline, and gets you where you need to go for a decent price.. But don't expect all the frills.. Hell, our domestic airlines don't even hold a handle to the international ones. Cathay Pacific, EVA, Lufthansa etc all are WAY better than the US. Lighten up Francis. 

Safe travels.

Passenger1C
Aviator C

I’m sure the flight attendant was trying to soften the expectation of having to wear a face covering and at same time reminding everyone masks are required. 

SWA Passenger, Community Champion

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

It's good you mention this encounter and SWA can learn going forward.  I've heard so many different messages over the years from F.A., some corny, some informative, some funny, some obnoxious.  But it is what it is for me.  Now depending on the age of the children, maybe they aren't able to make the connection and it just rolls off their backs.  If they are old enough, then I'm sure it isn't something they have already been exposed to on daily news, on the internet, or wherever.  Does this make it appropriate for it to be announced on an SWA flight, no?  I can't even start to count the number of times I wish I had my words back, it happens.   

bwallet
Frequent Flyer A

My favorite of all time was when an obviously "fabulous" African American male flight attendant told us to keep the aisles clear during flight "because we will be coming through the plane with hot chocolate, and by hot chocolate, I mean me". I'm sure someone was offended by that. It made my day a little better, and I hope that he is still out there saying that.