Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

unopen alcohol/fruit juice drink

AmyChang
Explorer C

This is my booking number: 3HMYYX

I had flight SJC-LAS-SJC
on the way back (LAS-SJC) I ordered a drink with vodka, I didn’t drink it because I didn’t feel good, I’d been told that drink is not allowed to bring outside of the airplane, I was so confused, I did the same thing to the flight from SJC to LAS on 11/26, no one stops me and tells me that’s not allowed.

The cabin crew made me so embarrassed for the  flight LAS-SJC

7 REPLIES 7

Re: unopen alcohol/fruit juice drink

floridaguy
Aviator C

Let me guess - you want a complete refund for the flight?

AmyChang
Explorer C

no, let it go at that

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@AmyChang wrote:

This is my booking number: 3HMYYX

I had flight SJC-LAS-SJC
on the way back (LAS-SJC) I ordered a drink with vodka, I didn’t drink it because I didn’t feel good, I’d been told that drink is not allowed to bring outside of the airplane, I was so confused, I did the same thing to the flight from SJC to LAS on 11/26, no one stops me and tells me that’s not allowed.

The cabin crew made me so embarrassed for the  flight LAS-SJC

It's true that you can't take drinks off of the plane, the Flight Attendant will usually will give it to you without the cap on it. 

It probably doesn't matter now after the flight, but it's best practice not to put your confirmation number in the message as well, with your name and confirmation number anyone could log in and change your flight if it were in the future.

You'll have to use Contact Southwest Customer Service if you are trying to get a refund of the $8.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

AmyChang
Explorer C

thank you very much for the reminder

dfwskier
Aviator A

Could it be that most airports do not allow alcohol consumption outside of a few places within concourses.

Besides, doesn't the FAA require FAs to pick up all "loose" beverages prior to landing?

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

If it was actually allowed in LAS I'd bet money the rules there are very different than most other airports. Almost everything is legal in LAS.

--TheMiddleSeat

jksobonya
Aviator A

You can’t take alcoholic drinks on a plane, either (to my knowledge). You can take sealed mini bottles under 3.4oz, but that’s it. In most places you cannot walk around with open alcoholic beverages.

— Jessica