neicymae
Explorer C

Do we wear mask during whole flight 

Re: wearing mask at the airport

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@neicymae wrote:

Do we wear mask during whole flight 

Yes, that's what Southwest requires. However, you are allowed to briefly remove the mask to eat or drink, and there are exceptions being made for those who are unable to wear one due to health issues. It's important to note, however, that this requirement is not actually being enforced. Meaning that some passengers may choose to not wear a mask if they desire so.

tappingmom1
Frequent Flyer B

I flew SAN to PDX on March 7th.

I am immunocompromised and my doctor REQUIRED me to wear a N95 in both airports and on the plane.

I felt ridiculous and judged...in that folks thought I was over-reacting, not knowing my invisible medical condition.

That being said, I felt no judgment wiping down my space.  I have always done that...and always will.

Do what you feel you need to do to be safe.

SWDigits
Aviator A

@tappingmom1 wrote:

I felt ridiculous and judged...in that folks thought I was over-reacting, not knowing my invisible medical condition.

Do what you feel you need to do to be safe.

I recently had an international flight and it amazes me how different cultures view wearing of face masks.  On my first flight home (international to international) EVERYONE wore a face mask but on last flight home (international to U.S.) I was the only one.

+1 do what you feel you need to do to be safe, even if others don't feel the same.

Customer | Home airport DCA

clmacke
Explorer C

People in China & other Asian countries have routinely worn masks for YEARS-wearing them to work, stores, traveling DAILY!  It's pretty obvious why: SARS/COVID🙄🙄 

timpapp
Explorer C

@tappingmom1  You should never feel that way.  You have to do what is best for you health and you have an identified medical condition.  Your wearing an N95 mask at this time is imperative for your health.  Take care of yourself. 

This is not so for others who don't have a clue why they are wearing one other than others are unreasonably scared and doing it.

fgdsf44
Explorer C

Flew this morning from Fort Myers to Hartford. There were 3 people on the plane carrying mask along with my neighbor. My spouse and I did wipe down here the seat, armrests, seathack in the front people, tray desk here, wall next to me, color, all of the call buttons and vents. Not the best passengers doing this. The FA got here around just before takeoff gathering wipes.

riskanything
Explorer C

Did you know that even the WHO (World Health Organization) is saying masks are ineffective? This is as of June 2020 (Dr. Fauci himself stated this along with others.) If you need cases studies, I'm happy to provide them. There are a lot. It really is a false sense of security and in fact, detrimental to peoples health as also proven by numerous studies. Even more evidence will come out in time.

In addition, the WHO has said (also June 2020) that it is very rare for CV to be transferred from an asymptomatic person so if someone isn't coughing and sneezing, you don't need to worry. I've always stepped away from people coughing and sneezing anyway. If you do the research, you will feel much safer about being around people without masks. You can still wear yours though! 

Lastly, remember there is a 99.6% - 99.8% recovery rate! (Exact number is debatable still but no one argues that range.) Those are excellent odds. I hope this helps at least ease some worry. Take care.

GrumpyOldMan
Explorer A

Ummm, NO.

The actual statement is "Dr. Anthony Fauci says Americans who don’t wear masks may ‘propagate the further spread of infection’"

The corrected statement is "The W.H.O.’s officials words were terribly misleading, but the organization quickly clarified that social distancing and masks are not just for those who clearly have symptoms."

The death rate is currently around 5.85% - the number you are quoting includes the deaths as "no longer have the disease".

Please check snopes: <https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/fauci-masks-no-longer-needed/>