Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

wifi purchase disables entertainment/live TV?

jjoyceatx
Explorer C

Every time i purchase Wifi, it kicks me off the entertainment/live TV options with no where to click to get back to it.  only load the white background page that markets the live entertainment options, but no where to click or get back to the live tv, flight tracker, or any of the blue background screen options.  Pls help!  i've tried using southwestwifi.com url or getconnected.southwestwifi.com, but it keeps kicking me to southwest.com/wifi and this white page!  paying $8 kicks me off the other stuff!  Pics below.  i'm on a mac book pro with update iOS.  Tried chrome and safari both, no difference.  

pic 1; start with blue screen watching live tv perfectly.pic 1; live entertainment center working well!pic 1; live entertainment center working well!pic 2, once I buy wifi, only this page will load w no option to connect to live entertainment??pic 2, once I buy wifi, only this page will load w no option to connect to live entertainment??

15 REPLIES 15

Re: wifi purchase disables entertainment/live TV?

dfwskier
Aviator A

try typing getconnected.southwestwifi.com into your browser

jjoyceatx
Explorer C

thanks, as mentioned in my post, i tried that address also and it keeps kicking me to the white background (pic 2) and southwest.com/wifi 

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

Did this only happen on one flight, or have you experienced on multiple?  I ask because sometimes single flights have weird issues similar to what you are describing. 

Have you cleared out your browser cache?

-A List, Companion Pass holder

jjoyceatx
Explorer C

all flights i can remember, for the last year at least.  

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

I agreee with Elijah -- try clearing the browser cache.

tlpanella
Explorer C

I have the same issue, going to https://getconnected.southwestwifi.com does a URL redirect to https://www.southwest.com/wifi/ every time.  

I've tried clearing my history and my cache, even went Private/Incognito to try to solve and it is still redirecting.  No way to watch movies or TV after you join wifi on your laptop??  This seems to be a very cumbersome bug.

Screen Shot 2020-07-22 at 3.38.47 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-07-22 at 3.40.46 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-07-22 at 3.39.00 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-07-22 at 3.41.31 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-07-22 at 3.40.27 PM.png

TaraBamburg
Employee
Employee

Hey there, this definitely should not be happening so I'm going to do some investigating and try to replicate. I know you mentioned that you were on a laptop, was it a Windows or Mac? And what browser?

tlpanella
Explorer C

I'm on a Mac and have tried Safari, Chrome and Edge.  All see to have the same behavior.

tlpanella
Explorer C

On the plane now and still the same issue