Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

100% helpful (1/1)

Can I donate to charity and earn RR Points?

Southwest Airlines is proud to be supporting communities impacted by Coronavirus by launching a promotional partnership with the American Red Cross, Feeding America, and Team Rubicon. Customers who donate a minimum of $25 or more to one of our three partner charities will receive 10 Rapid Rewards bonus points for every dollar donated!

How can I donate to earn bonus points?

You can make a donation through the link here: https://www.southwest.com/rrcoronavirusdonations/

In order to successfully receive the bonus points, a Rapid Rewards account must be provided at the time of donation. If a Rapid Rewards account is not provided at the time of donation you will not accrue the bonus points.

When will I see the bonus points added to my account?

Bonus points will be reflected in a Member's Rapid Rewards account within 45 days after a donation has been made.

Will these bonus points count toward A-List, A-List Preferred, or Companion Pass?

No, these bonus points will not count toward tier status or Companion Pass.

Are my donations tax-deductible? 

Yes! Your donations are tax-deductible.

•The American National Red Cross is registered as a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Contributions to the American National Red Cross are tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law. The Red Cross' tax identification number is 53-0196605.

•Team Rubicon is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization and your donation is tax-deductible within the guidelines of U.S. law. To claim a donation as a deduction on your U.S. taxes, please keep your email donation receipt as your official record. Team Rubicon will send it to you upon the successful completion of your donation.

•Feeding America is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization which makes all donations to us tax-deductible. Make your donation by December 31 to ensure that it can be deducted this year’s taxes.

Will I receive a receipt for my donation?

Yes, each organization will be sending a confirmation email and receipt to the email address provided when making a donation. If you select a recurring donation, you will be sent an individual receipt each month when your donation is processed. For donations over $250, you will also receive a receipt by mail within 2-3 weeks. Please be sure to keep a copy of your receipt for tax purposes.

Version history
Revision #:
7 of 7
Last update:
‎04-28-2020 12:58 PM
Updated by:

Labels (1)