Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

0% helpful (0/4)

International COVID-19 Testing Requirements

Beginning Tuesday, January 26, 2021, all travelers (Passengers under two years of age are exempt) into the United States are required to obtain and present a negative COVID-19 test (or documentation of recovery) to Southwest Airlines in order to board an aircraft. This order will impact all Customers (U.S. citizens and non-citizens) traveling internationally into the United States. 

For full details of the testing requirements, click on the country you're traveling to within our COVID-19 Travel Information page, and select View More Details.

Frequently Asked Questions 

Why can’t I receive a boarding pass prior to my international flight?  

In order for your documentation to be fully verified international travelers will not receive a boarding pass prior to presenting documentation at the airport.  

Checking in for a flight in advance still holds your boarding position, but you will not be issued a boarding pass. A boarding pass with your previously assigned boarding position will be issued at the ticket counter, or gate once your documentation is fully verified.  

If I’m returning to the U.S. within three days, can I take the COVID-19 viral test or provide documentation of recovery in the U.S. prior to departing to my international destination? 

Yes. As long as the test is conduced within three days of your flight from the international destination to the U.S. 

Who is exempt from this documentation requirement? 

Customers under the age of two are exempt. 

Version history
Revision #:
5 of 5
Last update:
‎05-12-2021 05:32 PM
Updated by:

Contributors
Categories