Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

100% helpful (5/5)

Requesting a Non-Passenger Escort Pass


Current TSA directives restrict access beyond the security checkpoint to ticketed Customers only. Security documents, or Non-Passenger Escort (NPE) passes, may be given to someone who is meeting or escorting:


1. An Unaccompanied Minor (children age 5 to 11 traveling alone


2. A person with a disability


3. Young travelers under 18


4. Family members of arriving and departing U.S. military service members who have been deployed or are being deployed


Anyone with a legitimate need for passage may request an NPE pass from a Southwest Airlines Customer Service Agent at one of our ticket counters. In the event that our ticket counter is closed, Customers may go to the Baggage Service Office for assistance.

We will not be able to provide a NPE pass if the security checkpoint has closed for the evening; however, Unaccompanied Minors will be escorted by an Employee to the greeting parent/guardian at a convenient location in a non-secured public area (the Baggage Service Office, ticket counter, or immediately outside of the security checkpoint).