Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: 25,000 points for travel disruption not sent to all passengers

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Are you sure you qualified?  You had flights cancelled?

According to an email I received today, "Each code was sent either to the primary email address in a Member’s Rapid Rewards account or to the billing email address associated with a reservation."

--TheMiddleSeat

scooternmoe
Explorer C

Yes. I am qualified, and I know this for two reasons. First, our flight was on 12-24-22 and was canceled. It was rebooked to 12-28-22 and canceled. They then refunded us, and I was told we would receive an email from the CEO. I have spoken with customer service twice and was told I would receive the email. I filed an email and was told they had sent it. I have done an extensive search of my email and have found nothing. I booked the whole trip on my account for all five people. I receive all my upcoming travel emails, so I know they have the correct email in the system. I don't know who to reach out to.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@TheMiddleSeat wrote:

Are you sure you qualified?  You had flights cancelled?

According to an email I received today, "Each code was sent either to the primary email address in a Member’s Rapid Rewards account or to the billing email address associated with a reservation."

--TheMiddleSeat

I'm still curious about the points which I got, but which two family members with their own RR accounts didn't also get separate points. In this case the billing email address for the reservation would be mine which worked, but I'm not sure if the other two family members will be or should be offered the points or not. (One is a companion.)

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

klingaman
Explorer C

I have the same situation and have called in numerous times.  The response I got is simply that they're sorry I didn't recieve the email, but they sent it.  Not helpful.  

PiperDeveraux
Explorer C

If three of you traveled, there should be three codes giving you each 25,000 points. You won all receive separate emails. 

srudkin
Explorer C

can someone share what email address the email comes from?  My account is registered to my work email and for some reason the emails are not going through, I was told on the phone my email was sent on the 9th.  

mom3girlz
Explorer C

I just got of the telephone with my 4th southwest agent regarding the 25,000 points and I think the delay or issue is not due to the actual customer service agents handling the cases (ie... entering incorrect information, agents answering the telephones not willing to research status nd provide an accurate update, etc...). I submitted a case via email as well but still no closure to this.

It's been over 1 month and I have spent more time trying to get the 25,000 points that was supposed to be given to us due to Southwest delays (on Christmas day for me). 

Kimberly 

bigK
Explorer C

I received the 25,000 point but my companion (on the free companion pass) did not.  Anybody know if the companion should get the 25,000 points for travel disruption as well?

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@bigK wrote:

I received the 25,000 point but my companion (on the free companion pass) did not.  Anybody know if the companion should get the 25,000 points for travel disruption as well?

Same. I didn't ask about it yet so I still don't know for sure.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Melon
Explorer C

We have not received our promised $25,000 points. Have called multiple times and were promised the codes would be sent via e-mail, but nothing for weeks. Very upsetting.