Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: 25,000 points for travel disruption not sent to all passengers

mom3girlz
Explorer C

@Melon  I must agree with you that it’s frustrating, it’s now 7 weeks, no call & no email from Southwest regarding the 25,000 points. I’ve flown twice since 12/25/22 on Southwest and have made at least 6 telephone calls. All with no response, 
At this point, I am considering taking a break from given more money with no effort to send points from Southwest.

I fly once per month and have already booked on another airline until this can be made right. 

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

Make a search in all of your likely email accounts for this subject line: 

"A message from Southwest CEO Bob Jordan"

I hope the codes for the points show up soon.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

strgth
Adventurer B

Received the email from the CEO. Claimed the 25K points. Screenshot showing I completed the request for points. 3 weeks later, 2 phone calls to SW Customer Service where agent stated they've escalated case, 2 emails to SW...still no 25K points in account. Sighhhhhh.....and I don't have Twitter or FB so DM is not an option. Any other suggestions?

Melon
Explorer C

Thanks DD. We've been doing that search. And I spent another hour on the phone last week. Then my wife - yet again - a few days ago. No results. Feels like we're getting strung along in order for us to forget the whole thing. Really hope I'm wrong on that. We will see.

floridaguy
Aviator C

At this point, I would consider other options.

Southwest knows every single person who was impacted by the Holiday DISASTER and adding 25,000 points to their rewards could have been done within a couple of days.  There is no excuse for this.

We know from the story shared by Forbes that Southwest is expecting this DISASTER to cost them about $855 MM, pretty much the same as all of the money they made in 2021.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@floridaguy wrote:

At this point, I would consider other options.

"Other options" for not receiving a gift?   Do you sue Santa when you don't get what you want for Christmas?

--TheMiddleSeat

floridaguy
Aviator C

This is not a "gift".  It is Southwest's attempt to compensate people for their trouble.  No for profit corporation with shareholders gives gifts of this size.  The move is to smooth over the Holiday DISASTER.

Southwest is not your uncle Charlie.  They are trying to mitigate damages and if the rewards points have not been received after repeated attempts, you do have other options.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@floridaguy the exact wording was "gesture of goodwill" aka gift and does not indicate everyone is entitled to it nor is it "owed" to anyone.  I know because I was affected and received the email. You don't know about this because you were not affected and did not receive the email.

--TheMiddleSeat

floridaguy
Aviator C

If you study law, you will discover that a goodwill adjustment or gesture of goodwill from a publicly traded company is regarded as compensation.  The reason that the law sees things this way is that gifts are not the purpose of their existence.

Whether I was impacted by the Holiday DISASTER is irrelevant to the discussion at hand.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@floridaguy Why do you continue to make ridiculous comments to people that are not helpful and do not further the conversation? 

I will provide a minor revision to my original statement, both versions still clearly show how ridiculous your comments are. 

"Other options" for not receiving a gesture of goodwill?   Do you sue Santa when you don't get what you want for Christmas?

As a gesture of goodwill I will attempt to refrain from rebuking you any further regarding this topic as it is already abundantly clear to all that you have nothing helpful to add. Your unhelpful and incorrect replies to other topics are still fair game (as I suspect you want, being that the only possible rationale for your behavior is to be the troll you once accused me of being). 

--TheMiddleSeat