Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

26 points short for A-List Preferred

FreeBurritos
Explorer C

Hey Hey-

Squeaked in my companion pass this week, but ended up 26 points short for A-List Preferred. Southwest credit card doesn't close until 1/5/23.

Any ideas/advice for pulling down 26 points in the next week other than a quick flight? 😄 

12 REPLIES 12

Re: 26 points short for A-List Preferred

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

You'll need to take a flight. There are no other options.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@dfwskier wrote:

I'm afraid that's it for tier-qualifying points. The credit card is the only backup option but if you are already up to date there wouldn't be any more 1,500 point bonuses coming between now and EOY.

https://www.southwest.com/html/rapidrewards/eoy-tier-communication.html

I'm 6,700 points away so I've decided it won't be worth it for that much of a spend to chase it with a joyride. 

Unless a short-notice work trip comes up, I'll have to settle for A-list. 

For that few points you hopefully can find a WGA fare to do it, I'd be looking at Business Select options only.  Book it in one-ways so you can use points on the way back.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

FreeBurritos
Explorer C

Appreciate the info, looks like a Del Taco run in another state is on the agenda for next week.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@FreeBurritos wrote:

Appreciate the info, looks like a Del Taco run in another state is on the agenda for next week.

Lol, I've made trips centered around an In-n-Out Double Double, but would never consider a trip for Del Taco. You can do better!

--TheMiddleSeat

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@dfwskier wrote:

So about that flight...

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

FreeBurritos
Explorer C

Haha, heard that. First time without a-list preferred in 6 years, oh well.

jazzpilot56
Adventurer B

Don't give up hope, they may extend the deadline for A-List, Preferred and Companion Pass (a couple years ago they extended the deadline to 2/28 of that year). I'm 3,500 points short of renewing my CP (had if for at least 10 years), and was going to get the points needed this week with a Business Select flight from OH-FL-OH. I've rebooked it for mid-Jan and hopefully they'll apply those points to 2022. We'll see. Regardless, Southwest is still a great airline, and we've already booked some trips in 2023!

- Will (where there's a will there's a way)

parpitt1
Frequent Flyer A

I would not count on it, but given the complete service meltdown over the last several days that is the company's responsibility, maybe SWA will think a some good PR like taking care of loyal customers is a good idea?   

Gradyfl
Explorer B

I think at this point SW will make you an A list member. Just persevere in asking moving it up the chain of requests AFTER this crusts has passed.