Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

$300 off with Credit Card

elloyd3833
Explorer C

I just got my Rapid Rewards Credit Card.

When I booked a flight, I signed up for it and will get $300 off my flight when I use the Chase card for 3 months, and $500 a month in charges.

How will I know if I am meeting these monthly charges and how am I assured to get the credit?

I am flying in March 2023.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: $300 off with Credit Card

dfwskier
Aviator A

You can log in to your Chase account and see your current month balance, and then do the same in months 2 and 3

ntvu5451
Explorer C

I also just got my Southwest Rapid Rewards card and booked a flight today with it. Does the $300 credit require $500 worth of new charges every month for three months?

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@ntvu5451 

If this is the offer you are referring to, it is a one time sum of purchases of $500 of more required within the first 3 months.

"Earn a $200 statement credit after your first purchase and 10,000 bonus points after you spend $500 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open"

For anyone else reading, if you can meet the larger minimum spend required for the standard sign up bonus offers that are usually posted on the homepage of southwest.com that is a much better bonus.  Currently it is 75,000 points after which is worth about $1000 of travel on Southwest after spending $3000 in 3 months.

--TheMiddleSeat

ntvu5451
Explorer C

When I signed up a few weeks ago, Southwest was offering $300 credit, but I don't it being offered now. I had to apply for credit and it took two weeks to receive the card so I couldn't use it right away.

MichealDean
Explorer C

Congrats on getting your Rapid Rewards Credit Card, that $300 off your flight is going to be sweet! To make sure you're meeting your monthly charges, you can track your spending on the Chase app or website. And don't worry about the credit, as long as you meet the requirements, it should be applied automatically. Just make sure to pay off your balance each month to avoid any interest charges.