Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

3500 RR Point Bonus

shelbyusn
Frequent Flyer C

I also use the RR Shopping a lot, its an easy way to earn points to things you were planning to buy.

I have the 3500 Point bonus with two days to spare.😊

I do wish it counted toward Companion Pass, 😢. I am so close.

I am a Sailor
11 REPLIES 11

Re: 3500 RR Point Bonus

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

Most of the points earned directly from the purchase are CPQ, but as you noted, the bonus points are not.  I guess you just need to buy more?

--TheMiddleSeat

Re: Borderline Qualifiers

gsking
Aviator C

Anyone know about the rumour that if you're on the edge, if they'll offer some incentive to buy yourself over the edge?

(I made it to CP for next year...but still curious).

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

Waiting for a reply to King's question

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

@gsking wrote:

Anyone know about the rumour that if you're on the edge, if they'll offer some incentive to buy yourself over the edge?

I'm afraid that no one here will have the answer to that question/ If / when it happens. I guess that we'll all know. 

shelbyusn
Frequent Flyer C
Solution

We can only hope.

It would be nice if some of the Executive Team got this Email.

We are all loyal Southwest customers.

I am a Sailor

chgoflyer
Aviator A
Solution

@dfwskier wrote:

@gsking wrote:

I'm afraid that no one here will have the answer to that question/ If / when it happens. I guess that we'll all know. 

In the past (which is less meaningful this year I suppose, as these days it's anyone's guess about pretty much anything), Southwest allowed targeted customers to buy up to reach A-List status. But that was very expensive, and as far as I can recall, it's never been offered for Companion Pass. I suspect that may be because there are already so many ways that you can essentially "buy" CP status -- nearly all credit card points count, Rapid Rewards Shopping and Dining, and a whole host of others. Here's a great reference:

2020 Rapid Rewards® Qualifying Transactions for 2021 Status

gsking
Aviator C
Solution

Good point.   You're right, I forgot it was just for A- list.   No incentive for them to sell a bump to CP.

shelbyusn
Frequent Flyer C
Solution

Extract from the RR web site.

Points earned through spending using the Rapid Rewards Credit Card will count toward Companion Pass qualification based on when they are posted to your Rapid Rewards account and NOT based on spending date. The points post to your Rapid Rewards account after your statement closing date.

Credit card points posted to your Rapid Rewards account in 2020, including bonus points, will count toward qualifying for a 2021 Companion Pass.

I am a Sailor

SWFlyer007
Aviator C
Solution

Man, I'm hoping that this is working for me.  As I viewed my RR points I've seen amounts of 7,523 and 6256 for activity points.  I'm thinking it's from the credit card.