Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: 4000 pts from CP - afraid to travel.

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

Well, since you tagged my name I'm entitled to a rebuttal.  You're correct, an adjustment in my reply seems to have merit.  

@SWFlyer007 feel better?  Not really, can't sleep and wish I was in bed. 

Adding criticism of every aspect of this question/answer without any actual value while spouting flat out wrong info of your own?

My reply to themiddleseat wasn't being critical, it's expressing FACT (not flat out wrong) as to what I've experienced and understood.  Sharing that with, themiddleseat, may be of value to them, and not sure if you can make that call for them.  

Cool.  YES, it's very cold outside this morning.  

Just scroll on next time.  Speechless on this one, but you're right, I should have scrolled on.  But I wanted to give insight to the middleseat of my past experiences with booking rental cars, hotels, and other services that have points posted after Jan 1st.  As for directing any comments at you, yes I should have left that alone.  

So if you will allow me to amend, Kelliesahm, it has been my experience that without travel this might not be possible.  Since I've been in your situation, I've tried every avenue to get those last thousands of points, however, in the end, I had to fly, which it appears, for good reason, you aren't willing to do at this time.  Thanks for keeping me in check.  

Kelliesahm
Explorer B

Earned!!

One $99 membership to Motley Fool through Rr shopping with a point bonus got me more than 5000 pts and I see the pass available now! Yay!!

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

@Kelliesahm Congrats! Welcome to the club.

-A List, Companion Pass holder

jksobonya
Aviator A

You're afraid to travel and yet you are 4,000 points away from earning Companion Pass? To earn CP you need to fly 100 times in a year or earn 125K qualifying points. So either you did a heck of a lot of flying this year or you earned one heck of a promotion 😉 

--Jessica

Kelliesahm
Explorer B

@jksobonya or a credit card with lots of purchases and frequent travel before Covid sent me into hiding.

shelbyusn
Frequent Flyer C

Try "Rapid Rewards Shipping," It's safe and you get essential things you need.

I am a Sailor

psollwas
Explorer B

Credit Card Signup Bonus: Consider applying for a new credit card that offers a generous signup bonus. Many travel rewards credit cards provide a substantial number of points as a bonus after you meet a minimum spending requirement within a specific timeframe. Ensure you can meet the spending requirement without going into debt.

Online Shopping Portals: Many airline loyalty programs offer online shopping portals where you can earn bonus points for purchases made through their links. Check if Southwest has a shopping portal and use it for your online shopping.

Dining Programs: Some airlines have dining programs that allow you to earn points when you dine at participating restaurants. Sign up for Southwest's dining program if they have one in your area.

Refer-a-Friend: Some credit cards offer referral bonuses when you refer friends or family members who are approved for the card. Check if your credit card has a referral program and refer friends to earn extra points.

Hotel Stays: If you have upcoming hotel stays, make sure you're earning points through the hotel's loyalty program. Some hotels have partnerships with airlines, allowing you to transfer hotel points to airline miles.

Rapid Rewards Shopping: Southwest has a shopping portal called Rapid Rewards Shopping. You can earn bonus points for shopping through this portal. Look for special promotions and offers to maximize your points.