Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

40k bonus points eligible towards Companion Pass

marc0673
Explorer C

When opening a Southwest credit card and spending the required amount in the first 3 months, do the 40,000 bonus points count towards Companion Pass eligibility? 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: 40k bonus points eligible towards Companion Pass

sassychyck13
Explorer C
Solution

My points from opening a SWA credit card did and its awesome. I'm 10,000 points away from getting my Companion Pass. I'm so excited. 

Re: 40k bonus points eligible towards Companion Pass

drnewman6
Explorer A

It does but if you have not already opened the card, you should try to make sure that your points will post in January, as if you earn the CP in 2017 it will be good for all of 2017 and 2018!  If you have opened it, count the days from the time you first applied and see if you can time meeting the minimun spend in January, unless you already have a lot of points to go with the 40,000.  The points all have to be earned in the same calendar year.  If you needed them this year to go with points you already have, you had better make your minimum spend quickly, as the points have to post to your account before December 31st.  Your points post a few days after the statement closes, not after your payment due date.