Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

5 X Rapid Rewards Promotions

Eagles78
Explorer C

I am POSITIVE in September 2020 I registered for a promotion that got you 5 point for every dollar spent on Southwest.  When I received my SW Rapid Rewards Visa Statement today I only got 2 points.  I specifically remember the promotion included SW Gift Cards.  You can not see prior month promotions in your RR account.  1st, does anyone know how to see promotions you registered for in a prior month????  Second, does anyone happen to have a copy of this promotion?    Any help you can provide will be most appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: 5 X Rapid Rewards Promotions

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Since this is/was a Chase credit card promotion and not a Southwest promotion you would not see any indication of it in your RR account.  To verify eligibility or registration you would need to contact Chase.  If Southwest gift cards were included in the offer you would have needed to purchase them directly from Southwest, did you do that?  You also typically have to allow up to 8 weeks after the promotion ends for points to post to your account.  Seeing that it is October 10, it's barely been 1 week since September ended (assuming the promotion ended September 30).

--TheMiddleSeat

Eagles78
Explorer C

I purchased two $1,000 gift cards directly from Southwest on the Southwest website using my Chase SW Rapid Rewards Visa.  The registration was on the SW web site. If you look at your RR account today you will see the 5X promotion starting October 1. I am 100% certain I registered for one that was effective in September on the SW website.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@Eagles78 wrote:

I purchased two $1,000 gift cards directly from Southwest on the Southwest website using my Chase SW Rapid Rewards Visa.  The registration was on the SW web site. If you look at your RR account today you will see the 5X promotion starting October 1. I am 100% certain I registered for one that was effective in September on the SW website.

It's a good idea to always keep a copy of any promotion you participate in -- save the email, take a screenshot, etc. You might want to check your deleted email folder if you didn't save a copy.

The easiest way to see if you're registered is to click on the "Register Now" link in the email you received. You'll be taken to a page to register, if you click on the Register Now link there and you're already registered, you'll see the following message:

Oops! You are already registered for this promotion. (SW giberish code)

From the email I received on August 3, 2020, here are the terms & conditions of the offer:

Terms and Conditions:

To be eligible for this offer, you must register between 8/1/2020 and 9/30/2020 11:59 p.m. ET (the "Promotion Period"). During the Promotion Period, you will earn a total of 5 points for each $1 spent minus returns or refunds, on up to $2,000 in total net purchases each month, directly with Southwest Airlines®, including flight, inflight, Southwest® gift card, Rapid Rewards Points Center, and on Southwest Vacations® packages ("Qualifying Purchases"). That's 3 bonus points on top of the 2 points already earned on Qualifying Purchases made with the Rapid Rewards Priority, Premier, Plus or Employee Credit Cards and 2 bonus points on top of the 3 points already earned on Qualifying Purchases made with a Rapid Rewards Performance Business Credit Card. Qualifying Purchases made on a qualifying Rapid Rewards Credit Card during the Promotion Period are eligible for this offer. You'll earn points on Qualifying Purchases, minus returns or refunds, made with your Rapid Rewards® Credit Card by you or an authorized user of the account. Delays by the merchant, such as shipping, could extend the transaction date beyond the offer period. The bonus points will count towards Companion Pass but will not count towards A-List or A-List Preferred qualification. Please allow up to 8 weeks after the end of the Promotion Period for bonus points to post to your Rapid Rewards account. To qualify for this bonus offer, account must be open and not in default at the time of fulfillment. This bonus offer is non-transferable and applies only to the account of the primary Cardmember referenced in this offer. Chase is not responsible for the provision of, or failure to provide, the stated benefits and services. Bonus points will post directly to your Southwest Rapid Rewards® account and will not appear on your credit card statement. Eligible credit cards: Southwest Rapid Rewards® Premier Credit Card, Southwest Rapid Rewards® Priority Credit Card, Southwest Rapid Rewards® Plus Credit Card, Southwest Rapid Rewards® Employee Credit Card, Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus Business Credit Card, Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier Business Credit Card and the Southwest Rapid Rewards Performance Business Credit Card.

The Contactless Symbol and Contactless Indicator are trademarks owned by and used with the permission of EMVCo, LLC.

TERMS AND CONDITIONS SOUTHWEST® RAPID REWARDS® PROGRAM INFORMATION The Southwest Rapid Rewards® Credit Card is brought to you by Southwest Airlines® and Chase. Southwest Airlines is responsible for the redemption of Rapid Rewards points toward benefits and services. The number of points needed for a particular Southwest® flight is set by Southwest and will vary depending on destination, time, day of travel, demand, fare type, point redemption rate, and other factors, and are subject to change at any time until the booking is confirmed. Rapid Rewards points can only be transferred to the primary Cardmember's Rapid Rewards account. All Rapid Rewards rules and regulations apply, please visit Southwest.com/rrterms. Southwest reserves the right to amend, suspend, or change the program and/or program rules at any time without notice. Rapid Rewards Members do not acquire property rights in accrued points.

The account information in this email is only an estimate for a specific point in time. Please reference your Rapid Rewards account on Southwest.com® for the most up-to-date information on available points, tier status, including tier qualifying points or flights, and Companion Pass qualifying points or flights.

All Rapid Rewards rules and regulations apply.

Since the offer says to allow up to 8 weeks from the end of the promotion period (9/30/2020), you'll need to wait until December 1, 2020 before contacting Chase regarding any missing points.