Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: $75 Annual Travel Credit- Priority Card

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@tinalzhang wrote:

Is the annual $75 credit based on the open date (e.g. 12/1-11/30, if I opened my account on Dec 1st), or calendar date (1/1-12/31)? TIA!

I haven't seen anything that tied these to calendar year, so best guess is that it's your cardmember anniversary and not calendar periods.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Kennyoun
Explorer C

How many flights did you have to purchase or how much did you have to spend on the SW priority card to get the $75 credit ?

i3mvp278
Explorer C

If i understand correctly, the $75 travel credit is divided up into some small amount applied as a statement credit for each flight purchase.  Does anyone know how much each credit amount is?  Or, in other words, how much $ must be spent on flight purchases or how many flights must be pruchased in order to receive the full $75 travel credit?

Ice

dfwskier
Aviator A

@i3mvp278 wrote:

If i understand correctly, the $75 travel credit is divided up into some small amount applied as a statement credit for each flight purchase.  Does anyone know how much each credit amount is?  Or, in other words, how much $ must be spent on flight purchases or how many flights must be pruchased in order to receive the full $75 travel credit?

I suspect your quesion should be directed to Chase since the terms are Chase's. Here's all there is in the specific card terms:

"$75 Southwest Annual Travel Credit: A statement credit will automatically be applied to your account when your Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards® Priority Card is used for purchases (excluding Upgraded Boardings and inflight purchases), up to an anniversary year maximum accumulation of $75. 

chgoflyer
Aviator A
Solution

@i3mvp278 wrote:

You receive a total credit of $75. It's not "divided up" unless you make a flight purchase less than $75. If your first Southwest flight purchase is $100, for example, then all $75 is applied to that statement. If the Southwest flight purchase is $50, then $50 credit is applied, and you have $25 remaining, to be applied to the next Southwest flight credit.

i3mvp278
Explorer C

Perfect, that seems like a best case scenario.  It wasn't clear in the Chase terms.

Thanks!

Ice

climes5
Explorer C

Does that mean there is a minumum of $75, to get the $75 credit.  Or is it based on percents i.e. spend $100 to get $10 of the $75?  Thanks much.  Deciding on which card to get but need to determine if my travel will earn the $75 in a year.  

dfwskier
Aviator A

@climes5 wrote:

Does that mean there is a minumum of $75, to get the $75 credit.  Or is it based on percents i.e. spend $100 to get $10 of the $75?  Thanks much.  Deciding on which card to get but need to determine if my travel will earn the $75 in a year.  

There's a dollar for dollar exchange. So if you buy a $100 ticket with your card, you'll get a $75 statement credit fom chase. If you buy a $50 ticket, you'll get $50, and still have $25 for a future puchase.

climes5
Explorer C

Perfect.  Thanks !!

Kennyoun
Explorer C

Did the dollar for dollar credit reflect on your account or was it just a percentage of the $75 credit.  Most tickets are over 75 dollars so if this is true this card is the best of the 3 to purchase. Am I correct?