Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

A-List Renewal - Use Points to Buy In

robpaller
Explorer C

I'm reluctant to use my Rapid Rewards Points that I have earned flying through out the year because Reward Flights do not count toward earning A-List status for the upcoming year. Often I am on the cusp of retaining my A-List status for the upcoming year. This year I lost two flights due to inclement weather and I'm sure others have found themselves in a similar situation.

What if someone could "buy" one missing flight to renew their A-List Status using Rewards Points they have accrued? 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: A-List Renewal - Use Points to Buy In

Alex_M
Adventurer C

I'm in the same boat. I found myself just making A-List last year and will probably be barely making it this year with 25 flights. Luckily, I can just use my point on my family members' tickets when we travel, so I don't lose anything, in theory. However, there are times I'd like to use points for my own travel but don't because of the exact situation you outlined. 

Re: A-List Renewal - Use Points to Buy In

franktravel
Aviator B

Hi 

If you dont want to use your points for flights here is some cool things you can do with them if you have the Southwest Airlines Chase credit card.

https://www.1.awardhq.com/24468SWA0SWARR