Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

A-List Same Day Change questions

whttiger25
Explorer C

Hi all! I have tried to find this but have been unsuccessful so apologies if this info is obviously available somewhere. 

I am just wondering the following:

1) Can same-day changes for A-List members be made on the phone or must you speak to a gate agent

2) Can you use the same-day change for bookings made with points?

3) Can you change to a LATER flight or must it be an earlier flight on the same day?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

Re: A-List Same Day Change questions

dfwskier
Aviator A

Assuming you mean same day standby  

it must be done at the gate, and only for an earlier flight  - works for points flights too

whttiger25
Explorer C

Sorry no, I am referring to same-day change, not standby. 

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

@whttiger25 wrote:

Hi all! I have tried to find this but have been unsuccessful so apologies if this info is obviously available somewhere. 

I am just wondering the following:

1) Can same-day changes for A-List members be made on the phone or must you speak to a gate agent

Either way works

2) Can you use the same-day change for bookings made with points?

Yup, points or dollars it makes no difference

3) Can you change to a LATER flight or must it be an earlier flight on the same day?

Since you are dealing with a confirmed change it can be on any flight with an open seat.

Thanks!

Here are the rules:

https://www.southwest.com/html/air/fare-information.html

bec102896
Aviator A

You can make the same day confirmed change starting at midnight the day of departure by phone. 

I tried the same day change at the airport a week  ago and unfortunately not all agents seem to understand the change yet they tried telling me only WGA+ Fares get same day change they didn’t realize it didn’t matter fare type for AL or ALP customers it took 2 supervisors to get my change at the airport so personally I would do the phone method until they get more used to things at the airport as it was a cluster when I flew out of SRQ