Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

A-List VS Companion Pass

DJDalamar
Explorer C

I'm sure this has to been asked before however I can't find the info.  Why am I so many less points towards A-List then I am companion pass.  What points count towards A-List.  I'm assuming its flights paid only, and my CC doesn't count but the info makes it sound like it does.   

4 REPLIES 4

Re: A-List VS Companion Pass

jksobonya
Aviator A
Solution

Companion Pass offers a lot more tier qualifying point (TQP) options than A-List/A-List Preferred which is why the counts are different - the breakdown is here: 

https://www.southwest.com/html/rapidrewards/eoy-tier-communication.html

--Jessica

dfwskier
Aviator A

You only earn earn A-List qualifying points by flying and a few Chase points @$10k spend levels and start of year bonus points.

Companion pass points come from everywhere: flying, hotels, car rentals, shopping, dining, Chase cc points etc, etc, etc.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@DJDalamar wrote:

I'm assuming its flights paid only, and my CC doesn't count but the info makes it sound like it does.   

A-List is much more dependent on flying.   Previously you couldn't get A-List without flying, but now it is technically possible if you spend $$$$$ with the right Southwest credit card.  The system is not designed to award A-List from just credit card spend like it does with Companion Pass, thus why you see the difference in your progress.

--TheMiddleSeat

parpitt1
Frequent Flyer A

If you sign in to your Rapid Rewards account with a computer you can actually see exactly which "point types" have been counted to your account. The website allows you to "toggle" between all points, tier qualifying points, and Companion pass points. It gives me a better visual understanding.

I haven't really been able to do that on the app

Safe travels.