Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

A-List status

Kvainuku
Explorer C

I signed up for a Chase/SW credit card. I now have hit the threshold to receive promotional points when signing up for the credit card. I noticed that the points received counted towards companion pass, but not A-list status. Is that correct?

1 REPLY 1

Re: A-List status

chgoflyer
Aviator A
Solution

@Kvainuku wrote:

I signed up for a Chase/SW credit card. I now have hit the threshold to receive promotional points when signing up for the credit card. I noticed that the points received counted towards companion pass, but not A-list status. Is that correct?

Yes, mostly. 😉

A-List Tier Qualifying Points (TQP) are earned mostly only through actual flying (the base points awarded by Southwest when you book & fly). Almost all other points aren't TQP, with one exception:

Some Chase Rapid Rewards cards (Personal Premier and Priority, and Business Premier and Performance) also earn a small amount of TQP's:

1,500 tier qualifying points: You’ll earn 1,500 tier qualifying points (TQPs) for each $10,000 in purchases up to $100,000 in purchases annually which equal 15,000 TQP. TQPs can be used to count toward qualification for Rapid Rewards A-List or A-List Preferred status.