Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

A list and Companion Pass Together

gatesskene
Explorer C

I've qualified for the companion pass and am close to qualifying for A-list, as well. If I qualify for both and use the companion pass to book a flight, will my companion be A-list as well? (i.e. will we both be in the A boarding group?)

5 REPLIES 5

Re: A list and Companion Pass Together

jshank83
Explorer B
Solution

No. But maybe in the future. I have the opposite thing for me. I have a companion pass (but not A List) and my companion is A List. We aren't together either. 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Southwest is currently testing having the companion board with the pass holder so if the pass holder is A-List, the companion essentially gets A-List boarding status. 

More information in this post: https://www.southwestaircommunity.com/t5/Boarding/Boarding-With-Your-Companion-Testing-Testing/m-p/6...

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

Assuming that you and companion take one aisle or window, and the matching middle, I haven't had any major trouble saving the middle seat next to me in the past.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Nobody wants a middle seat!

I'm going to go cry now 

hgmckinney
Explorer A

Remember you can always buy Early Bird for the reservation that doesn't have a-list.  It really isn't that much if you got the flight on points or companion pass already.  The only thing is that Early Bird is non-refundable, so if there is any chance you're going to cancel / change the booking, maybe wait until later to buy the EB.  Of course it appears that EB are in a first come - first serve basis by my experience, so you can end up with a very high A or even a low B even on an EB that you buy just a couple days before the flight rather than 3 months earlier when you bought the tickets.

Also, if A-List or A-List Preferred applies to the reservation, SWA's reservation system won't even offer you EB purchase, so you'll know you're good at that point.

Luv -- hgm