Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

A-list promotion

michael_bluth
Explorer C

There was a promotion that targeted members for A-list if they completed 3 paid round trips or 6 segments.  It expired 5/31.  With covid changes, I thought they were going to extend this into October.  It showed in my account for a few weeks after the 5/31 expiration date, but then disappeared.  Is the promotion still going?  If so, how do we know if we are still registered?  I tried twitter team, but they don't seem to know what I am talking about.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: A-list promotion

dfwskier
Aviator A

I thought I had heard that the date was extended, but I can't find anything that says so.

So  the best thing for you to do is ask the airline. Here's how to do so:

https://community.southwest.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Submitting-a-Suggestion-and-or-Complaint/ta-p/8724...

chgoflyer
Aviator A
Solution

@michael_bluth wrote:

There was a promotion that targeted members for A-list if they completed 3 paid round trips or 6 segments.  It expired 5/31.  With covid changes, I thought they were going to extend this into October.  It showed in my account for a few weeks after the 5/31 expiration date, but then disappeared.  Is the promotion still going?  If so, how do we know if we are still registered?  I tried twitter team, but they don't seem to know what I am talking about.

Earning has been extended through October 30.

I'm not sure why it wouldn't be showing in your account, but if you meet the requirements bu October 30, 2020 you should qualify.

We’re extending tier status and Companion Pass benefits.

• For Companion Pass holders, who earned Companion Pass benefits through December 31, 2020, we are extending your current Companion Pass benefits through June 30, 2021.
  • For A-List and A-List Preferred Members who earned A-List or A-List Preferred status through December 31, 2020 and not through any type of promotion, we are extending your current earned status through December 31, 2021.
    • For Members enrolled in a promotion granting promotional A-List status or challenging a Member to extend promotional A-List status such as Status Match, Tier Challenge, Tier Experience, or a Corporate Status Challenge and who met the flight requirements by the promotion end date, we are extending your current promotional status through December 31, 2021. However, for Members enrolled in any of the above promotions and who to date have not met the flight requirements, we are extending the deadline to meet the promotion’s flight requirements to October 30, 2020.

jksobonya
Aviator A

I was enrolled in this promotion and my account still has A-List and it is good until 10/30/20 unless I meet the requirements to extend it. ...it's doubtful, at the rate things are going, but you never know 😉 

--Jessica

dfwskier
Aviator A

@jksobonya wrote:

I was enrolled in this promotion and my account still has A-List and it is good until 10/30/20 unless I meet the requirements to extend it. ...it's doubtful, at the rate things are going, but you never know 😉 

--Jessica

Hi Jessica. It depends on 

1) How many segments you flew before he virus hit and

2) Ho many segments you plan to fly between now and 10/1.

SW gave you 10 segments as a head start.

Don't forget that you can double up by booking 2 one ways to a destination   as opposed 

to one flight with a connection. Doing so is sometimes cheaper than buying the connection.

I recently booked a multi city DAL/MCI/MDW that ended up being $10 cheaper than a connection on the very same planes.