Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

A list requalification

Bryan456sk1
Explorer C

Hello all. I status matched to Southwest A list up to 3/31/22 and did my challenges to keep my status towards the end of the year. My question would be, do I have to make my 25 flights by the end of this year or by the end of March of 2023? If I’m not mistaken, I’ll requalify from 12 months from the time I make my 25th flight.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: A list requalification

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

Since you completed the qualifications for the A List match To get the status after the match expires (March in your case) you would need to qualify for A List by the end of December this year or take 25 flights next year before your promotional A List expires or you would have a gap while you earn it next year. 

parpitt1
Frequent Flyer A

Check you promotion details. Historically, Points/Flights reset to zero on January 1st every year, hence the reason some folks will make a push late in December to make a couple cheap short hop flights to keep their CP or A status. (In fact my account is usually in limbo on the website the 1st week in January while they reset everything.) 

Like I mentioned above check the fine print in your challenge/promotion

Safe travels 

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@Bryan456sk1 wrote:

Hello all. I status matched to Southwest A list up to 3/31/22 and did my challenges to keep my status towards the end of the year. My question would be, do I have to make my 25 flights by the end of this year or by the end of March of 2023? If I’m not mistaken, I’ll requalify from 12 months from the time I make my 25th flight.

The regular status is earned for calendar years, so I believe unless there is some special clause in the promotion that you'll need 25 flights in CY 2022 to earn it for 2023.

That said there could be other continuing promotions or continuations, but in the long term you'll need to get on a calendar year 25 flight schedule to earn regular A-list.

End of Year - Tier Qualifying Points (southwest.com)

What do you see on your "My Rapid Rewards" tile of the My Account page? I think you'll see status earned according to your promotion, but you'll see a tracker towards X out of 25 flights with text "You're over halfway to keeping A-list for next year" or whatever progress you are tracking.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Bryan456sk1
Explorer C

Yeah, I’m just over halfway completing 14 out of 25. I’m just gonna go with the safe bet of completing it before the year ends.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@Bryan456sk1 wrote:

Yeah, I’m just over halfway completing 14 out of 25. I’m just gonna go with the safe bet of completing it before the year ends.

Consider a “points run” if a sale comes on if you might need to make a trip for fun to put you over. 

One year I needed one more flight so I did a RT to MSP and worked in the airport lounge for the day, had lunch, and came back. It’s worth it for A-list. Having the auto-check in, flexible same day changes, priority check in, preferred response from assistance requests…it’s worth a points run or two. 

Companion pass you need to think about - will you use it enough to support spending X extra dollars if you wouldn’t have spent it anyway? The key is to spend it in a way that accomplishes something you would have done anyway.  

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.