Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

A sad birthday story...

mcallejo78
Explorer C

On August 3, I was waiting at a gate in Sacramento to board a flight to San Diego.  I heard my name called over the loudspeaker and walked up to the gate counter.  A gate agent smiled and said "I see you have a birthday this week...would you like free Wifi, a free drink, or 1000 Rapid Rewards points?"  I of course chose the points...and she confirmed my email address (and my RR# was on my ticket).   I boarded the flight, then realized a few days later that nothing posted to my account, nor was there any email.  I've now tried to email customer service, and they keep telling me that I need an email confirming the reward.  Ummmm...she told me about it 2 minutes before boarding a plane to go on vacation (with my phone already off!).  (yes I've checked my junk spam folder) My bad? 

Worst birthday "gift" ever.  Any suggestions?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: A sad birthday story...

SWDigits
Aviator A
I hope you otherwise had a happy birthday!

I'd send Southwest a quick note with the same content from your post using one of the methods listed in the "Contact Us" link listed at the bottom of the forum pages.

Customer | Home airport DCA

mcallejo78
Explorer C

I've tried the Contact Us option...and I'm now being ignored by the wnco.com address they referred me to.

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee
Solution

We're so sorry to hear this! Our Hospitality Team exists so we can surprise and delight our Customers. As you can imagine, we're saddened to know your experience ended up being quite the opposite. Please send me a private message with your Rapid Rewards account, so I can reach out to them and see what's going on.

Sincerely,

Nicole
Community Manager

mcallejo78
Explorer C

Thank you...I've messaged you!