Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

About to earn companion pass again, will time to use be added to my existing pass!

maximus118
Explorer C

I earned companion pass last year, and am about to hit it again this year. Since last year's has been extended 6 months to June 2021, I am wondering if Southwest will also honor an additional 6 month extension of this year's pass, to June 2022, to effectively give me a full year to utilize the benefit.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: About to earn companion pass again, will time to use be added to my existing pass!

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

At this time Southwest hasn't announced any extensions for customers who earn A List or companion pass this year so as of now your companion pass would expire at the end of 2021 if you earn it this year. The extension applies to those who earned status in 2019. 

-Blake

Re: About to earn companion pass again, will time to use be added to my existing pass!

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

What would be the case if I squeaked it out to get that companion on Jan 2nd, 2021...?  Instead of getting it this year.😀

dfwskier
Aviator A

Sorry, there's no such thing as squeaking it by. In order to earn companion pass on 1/2/2021

you would have to earn all required points in 2021. Point do not carry forward a few days into a new year.

dfwskier
Aviator A

Are you "about to hit companion pass" due to the extra 25,000 companion pass points Southwest gave everyone a few months ago?

If so, it sounds like Southwest has already been good to you.

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

I'm glad you posted this because I had the same question.   Sorry, but the thought that came to my mind when I read this is, "who is traveling that much at this time?"  But then again, some people still travel for work or whatever, and more power to you.  Thanks for supporting SWA.