Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Account Not Showing Companion Pass Achieved

andie717
Explorer C

Good morning!  In my SW account it shows I have 127,400 points available.  However, in the Companion Fair section of the account information, it shows I have 111,071 out of 125,000.  I also had made an extra payment in October because of an additional large purchase, and that does not up.  Do the CC payments only matter from the billing cycle?  

Trying to keep my companion pass for next year.  Good thing Christmas is coming?  

Any thoughts or suggestions?

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Account Not Showing Companion Pass Achieved

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

Total points does not matter, what matters is how many Companion Pass Qualifying (CPQ) points you have earned since Jan 1, 2022.  That number is what is shown on the status tracker in My Account.  The total points could include points that were earned in previous years or were not CPQ.  It appears you are currently just under 14k short to earn CP for 2023.  Points earned from credit card spend post to the account a few days after your statement closes.  You should have one more statement between now and the end of the year, just take a look to see when your statement closing date is, you have until that date to earn from credit card spending.

--TheMiddleSeat

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Oh, forgot to mention, payments don't matter at all.  The only thing that matters is when the statement closes.

--TheMiddleSeat

andie717
Explorer C

Thanks for clarifying that.  I guess I go on a shopping spree this weekend.  😉

dfwskier
Aviator A

2 points:

1) Remember that purchases made on your statement closing date appear as pending, and only appear as charges on the next statement

2) Some hotel stays earn up to 10,000 points - in case that makes more sense than binge spending thousands of dollars.

dfwskier
Aviator A

Danielle, points are allocated concurrent with your statement closing date - not when you buy stuff and not if you pay early.

So you'll need to find a different way to get more points. High point hotel stays come to mind

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@20706906006 wrote:

Also, since my next statement closes 1/7/2023, does that mean only the points in December 2022 count or the entire statement? Since it said calendar year for the companion pass. 

Everything spent from when the prior closing took place 12/7/2022 for instance will show up in 2023 with the closing you identified 1/7/23.

So Christmas spending for you if it's after 12/7 will be for next year's qualification.

Christmas spending in November will count towards 2022 and should already be showing up as points.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.