Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Achieved Companion pass just barely but need to return some items

Mikeaz123
Explorer C

Hello, my mom just barely achieved CP by 66 points. A couple Amazon purchases and Costco ones need to be returned for various different reasons. We had a hotel purchase which was made on the 23rd and her credit card closing date is the 26th I believe. The bonus points from the hotel would have put her way over the goal line however I saw that the points don’t post for 1-2 weeks.  So we’re wondering if she would still be in the clear if we returned those Amazon items. 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Achieved Companion pass just barely but need to return some items

dfwskier
Aviator A

Points posting is based on statement closing date. Just be sure the credits hit after the 2022  closing date and you will be fine.

Mikeaz123
Explorer C

So you’re saying the refund points will be applied/deducted to the current monthly cycle (in January), not the one they were purchased in? Sorry I just want to be clear before we proceed! Thanks so much. 

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@Mikeaz123 wrote:

Hello, my mom just barely achieved CP by 66 points. A couple Amazon purchases and Costco ones need to be returned for various different reasons. We had a hotel purchase which was made on the 23rd and her credit card closing date is the 26th I believe. The bonus points from the hotel would have put her way over the goal line however I saw that the points don’t post for 1-2 weeks.  So we’re wondering if she would still be in the clear if we returned those Amazon items. 

The hotel points post after they are processed, which can be into January based on this timing (and you have to complete the check-in there). 

But it would be retro-active to 2022-2023 CP. 

I'm honestly not sure how the returns affect the accounting, if Chase would have to send a message to rescind the CP based on that.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Mikeaz123
Explorer C

Ok so it’s good we made additional necessary purchases as my inclination was that the bonus points wouldn’t count for this cycle. I’ll have to call chase and find out how close she is. She did achieve CP with 125,066 points. Just barely!